PDA

View Full Version : Itīs here, my new mainland concert!!!!

Denno
07-02-2009, 08:41 AM
I must say its been a few long days! I been away on a small holiday and got a notice the first day I went away the concert from mainland had landed in sweden for delivery!

So today I finally picked it up. I could not wait untill I got home but had to open it in the car at ones! This uke was a birthdaypresent to my self.
And my god this badboy sings! Its so loud I cant stop smiling!

So I want to say a big thanks to mike from mainland ukes. He went a long way to make me happy and I wont go into all details. But all I can say is that I would not hesitate one second to recomend these guys to another ukeplayer. Full support all the way!

Here follows a few photos I took with my phone, because I cant find my real camera at the moment.

I will make a review video of the ukulele in a few. I can just say, this is a HUGE jump in quality for me. From my 25-30 bucks ukulele to this. I wont touch my old uke now. I will keep it for parties and that kind of stuff. But it sounds and feels like crap!!!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/9fsawh.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/1055fl3.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2da0nds.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rrnw5x.jpg

Damn im looking forward to record my first song with this one!

Lori
07-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Wow, nice looking uke! Beautiful grain on that mahogany! Those photos look really good for a phone camera. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your joy!

–Lori

Boozelele
07-02-2009, 08:49 AM
It's very pretty.....and HUGE!!!:)

ichadwick
07-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Nice. I have a Mainland tenor/red cedar and it'sone of my most played ukes.

UKISOCIETY
07-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Congrats! She's a real beaut!

nikolo727
07-02-2009, 09:19 AM
yes!! mainland is taking over!! I love my tenor mahogany. I need to lower the action on it, but it still sounds great! It makes it even better that over time its going to sound even warmer and better and fuller and sexier.......i get da chills....

ricksan66
07-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Beautiful! I think I'm going to buy one for myself for my birthday, too.

ukeshale
07-02-2009, 09:33 AM
congrats man! can't wait to hear you christen it. looks beautiful. just two months till i'm initiated into the mainland club as well! enjoy!

nikolo727
07-02-2009, 09:43 AM
YES! more people need to buy mainlands!!! keep it up!

Link
07-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Awesome, Denno. Glad you got it. We needs to do another collab... I think it would be the first ever all Mainland collaboration!

BTW.. you cell phone take better pics than my 8 megapixel Canon!

Denno
07-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Awesome, Denno. Glad you got it. We needs to do another collab... I think it would be the first ever all Mainland collaboration!

BTW.. you cell phone take better pics than my 8 megapixel Canon!

My cell is a C905 sony ericsson. So its 8 megapixels. :D
Just made a review of the uke on its way up on the tube now. And a remake of the ayoo tech. :D

And about the collab....hell yeah! :D

Spooner
07-02-2009, 10:04 AM
That's purdy denno!!!!!

I just wish you would have posted the big pictures of it.

Conga rats!!!!

Ukeffect
07-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Denno that is a gorgeous ukulele! I've been thinking about a mainland, and you just about sold me...can't wait to hear her!
:music:

Uncle-Taco
07-02-2009, 10:42 AM
I've been eagerly awaiting your review and I'm glad to see that you like it--so do I! :D I like the video, too. No wonder you are so happy with the Mainland!

I'm convinced and I'm about to pull the trigger myself. I'm just teetering back and forth on whether I want a concert or soprano, and whether I want mahogany or cedar.
(...and I will probably end up with all of the above, with the impression I am getting about them!)

Enjoy! (More videos!!!)

KC8AFW
07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Congratulations! That is one sexy ukulele. I checked out the video...that really sounds great. Make sure to post a pic in the Mainland Ukes Owners Club.;)

Hey Link, we should have a thread in the Mainland Ukes Owner's Club for people to post links to their video reviews of their Mainland ukes (just a thought).

UkuEroll
07-02-2009, 12:52 PM
So today I finally picked it up.

That looks sooooo cool, I'm totally jealous, Been waiting for 2 weeks for mine, every time a van pulls up my hopes go up, only to take in next doors parcel, cruel,so cruel. Another day another van, a parcel..... nooooo garden stuff for the wife. Tomorrow maybe Tomorrow:rolleyes:
Can't wait to hear yours, are you doing any vids soon? I need a Mainland fix to keep me going.:shaka:

Denno
07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
That looks sooooo cool, I'm totally jealous, Been waiting for 2 weeks for mine, every time a van pulls up my hopes go up, only to take in next doors parcel, cruel,so cruel. Another day another van, a parcel..... nooooo garden stuff for the wife. Tomorrow maybe Tomorrow:rolleyes:
Can't wait to hear yours, are you doing any vids soon? I need a Mainland fix to keep me going.:shaka:

Check the last 2 videos in my profile on youtube. :)

Link
07-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Congratulations! That is one sexy ukulele. I checked out the video...that really sounds great. Make sure to post a pic in the Mainland Ukes Owners Club.;)

Hey Link, we should have a thread in the Mainland Ukes Owner's Club for people to post links to their video reviews of their Mainland ukes (just a thought).
Good idea! I'll do it when I get home.. and contribute about 30 videos. Haha!

Playscool39
07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Very nice, great pics with your cell. Sounds awesome too. Can imagine why you can't stop smiling:D

RevWill
07-02-2009, 01:11 PM
That uke is drop-dead gorgeous. I'm dying to see some more hi-res photos of Mainland ukes. (In case you didn't pick up on it folks, that's a hint.)

Jason Paul
07-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Looks great - very nice grain!

I just got a Mainland concert a little over two months ago (also for my birthday) and I'm as happy as a clam with it!

My wife just got a new camera a couple of weeks ago, so maybe I'll try to take a few photos this weekend.

I feel a little weird though. I've hardly posted on this forum and recently figured I'd visit more often. However, I think my last three posts (which is half my current posts BTW) are talking about or recommending Mainland! :o:D

Jason

Hankthetank
07-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Congratulations! I know there is nothing like hoding a new uke for the first time. Play her well:shaka:

TheUkeImpaired
07-02-2009, 07:21 PM
She's a beauty! My mahogany tenor should arrive on Wednesday! :cheers:

UkuEroll
07-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Check the last 2 videos in my profile on youtube. :)

Just had a look, it sounds really nice and you look like your fit to burst with excitment.:shaka: Have fun with it.

Tanizaki
07-03-2009, 02:37 AM
I must say its been a few long days! I been away on a small holiday and got a notice the first day I went away the concert from mainland had landed in sweden for delivery!

So today I finally picked it up. I could not wait untill I got home but had to open it in the car at ones! This uke was a birthdaypresent to my self.
And my god this badboy sings! Its so loud I cant stop smiling!

So I want to say a big thanks to mike from mainland ukes. He went a long way to make me happy and I wont go into all details. But all I can say is that I would not hesitate one second to recomend these guys to another ukeplayer. Full support all the way!

Here follows a few photos I took with my phone, because I cant find my real camera at the moment.

I will make a review video of the ukulele in a few. I can just say, this is a HUGE jump in quality for me. From my 25-30 bucks ukulele to this. I wont touch my old uke now. I will keep it for parties and that kind of stuff. But it sounds and feels like crap!!!!

I know what you mean. I still keep my first $40 uke as a beater but I can't stand to hear it if I play it right after my nice one.

The wood grain looks great. By all accounts I have heard, Mainlands are fantastic but the rope binding keeps me from buying one. I am looking forward to their banjoleles, though.

Pippin
07-03-2009, 03:19 AM
Beautiful ukulele. Play it in good health.

uke552
07-03-2009, 03:20 AM
:music:Wow! Very nice uke. Enjoy!

UkuEroll
07-03-2009, 07:04 AM
I know what you mean. I still keep my first $40 uke as a beater but I can't stand to hear it if I play it right after my nice one.

By all accounts I have heard, Mainlands are fantastic but the rope binding keeps me from buying one..

The binding was one of the things that attracted me to Mainlands, different strokes for different folks.:shaka:

inkandsilver
07-03-2009, 08:29 AM
very nice!

AnnaUK
07-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Congratulations on a great uke. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your videos with you using it.

Those ukes look fab. I can see how pleased you are :)

Johnny Elsewhere
07-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh WOW, that's beautiful! Hope it plays as well as it looks!

Ahnko Honu
07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
WOW, Didn't think the Mahogany would be SO nice, maybe have to order a Mahogany pineapple before my Mango pineapple. I'm TOTALLY stoked about my new cedar/rosewood pineapple. :love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Ahnkochee/My%20Ukuleles/P1010226.jpg

NatalieLin6
07-03-2009, 03:41 PM
I just discovered Mainlands myself, and started saving for one yesterday! I can't wait to rock on something a little better then my $35 starter ukulele.

MangoMon
07-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Finally, some good pics of Mainland ukes. Good job. When I pulled mine out of the box, I couldn't belive how sweet the mahogany looked. Pictures didn't do it justice. Thanks.

Patbot
07-03-2009, 05:03 PM
I've been itching to get a mainland uke to replace my starter for a while now. I will soon when i get a case to put it in though!

veep
07-03-2009, 05:14 PM
gasp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweet I want one some day !

RevWill
07-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Those photos are making me second-guess my desire to wait for their mango ukes to come in. I mean, I won't be able to buy one until then but I might like mahogany just as well. Hmmmmm.......

Denno
07-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Finally, some good pics of Mainland ukes. Good job. When I pulled mine out of the box, I couldn't belive how sweet the mahogany looked. Pictures didn't do it justice. Thanks.

Yeah I will try and get some new photos taken and put em in the mainland thread. I found my digicam now. :D

I have now been playing it for a few days, damn it this uke is sweet!!!!

BBcakes
07-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Sweet!! Betcha can't put it down! :D

Bram
07-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Very nice, it looks beautiful.

Mine is still on it's way.. i hope..

Out of Foreign Customs, July 04, 2009, 3:58 pm, NETHERLANDS
Into Foreign Customs, June 23, 2009, 9:55 am, NETHERLANDS
Arrived Abroad, June 23, 2009, 9:55 am, NETHERLANDS
International Dispatch, June 18, 2009, 10:43 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Arrival
Acceptance, June 17, 2009, 2:31 pm, NASHVILLE, IN 47448