Unwound Baritone strings?

HaileISela

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
are there any? the wound Aquila do give my nails a hard time... and since my g-string (not that one deach^^) broke today, I'm looking to get a set of new strings...

If you know of any, please tell me, if not I'll go for the Aquila again (which sound fantastic, btw!)

... and since my g-string (not that one deach^^)broke

damnit. haha.yeah im kind of asking the same question on this thread. and since its already made ill ask another. are there any strings for a baritone that are tuned to gcea?

Baritone Strings

Mele Ukulele in Hawaii sells a set of baritone strings for GCEA tuning. I don't know if any in the set are wound or not...:)

are there any? the wound Aquila do give my nails a hard time... and since my g-string (not that one deach^^) broke today, I'm looking to get a set of new strings...

If you know of any, please tell me, if not I'll go for the Aquila again (which sound fantastic, btw!)

Worth are unwound. I didn't like the unwound D and G they were too loose for me but really had a balanced tone.

Here is what I do
I use Aquilia on the B and E and buy GHS Phosphour Bronze singles #103 & 104 for the D and G. You can get them here

http://www.juststrings.com/ghsukuleleothersinglestrings.html

damnit. haha.yeah im kind of asking the same question on this thread. and since its already made ill ask another. are there any strings for a baritone that are tuned to gcea?

Aquila makes a GCEA set for the baritone.

I recently put unwound Worth browns on my baritone and really disliked the sound. The D and G strings were too loose and the E string sounded very muted. I'm usually a big fan of Worth but not for the bari.

Not sure what tuning you have but I put the set of unwound Aquilas gCEA on my Baritone and very happy with the results. ;)

Top Bottom