is it okay to bring uke to vegas?

shores&hammocks

Reaction score
i've heard that if your ukulele is in a humid weather, the wood will break :eek:
i'm going to vegas and i'd like to bring the uke.
i'm going to put my uke in a nice case on the drive there.

will the uke be okay in the case, in the car, while driving?
and will the uke be okay to play at say, the hotel only?
i don't plan on playing it outside.

thanks!

I would recommend keeping a humidifier in your case,especially in the air condition hotel room.

I took my Lanikai (laminate) to Vegas and it rode in the car and stayed in the room just fine in a gig bag. Did someone say Vega$? I'm going too! Tonight in fact!
Vega$ Uke Jam Fourth of July!

oh and another question, if i do build a in case humidifier, what happens when i take it out? it'll be fine in the case with the humidifer i know, but if i decide to play with it outside the case?

Uke jam in Vegas!!!

Sure, it'll be fine. Especially this weekend. Right now it's overcast and sprinkling. Your Uke will love it.

cool, so i guess the ukulele will be coming with me! uke jam in vegas!
but.. are you sure the humidity won't break the ukulele wood? thanks!

vegas!!

I've lived here 20 years. I have six guitars, two dulcimers, a hammered dulcimer, a lute and now a Ukulele. Most are out on display instead of hiding in cases. I have never had any problems with any of them. A little common sense is all that's needed. If it's too hot (or dry) for you, it's probably not good for your instruments. As long as you treat your Uke like a person (meaning not locked up in a trunk. Only the mob does that here), you'll be fine.

well this is not weird at all

i just got back from vegas yesterday and i brought my ukulele, i live in MI

Last edited:
i've heard that if your ukulele is in a humid weather, the wood will break :eek:
i'm going to vegas and i'd like to bring the uke.
i'm going to put my uke in a nice case on the drive there.

will the uke be okay in the case, in the car, while driving?
and will the uke be okay to play at say, the hotel only?
i don't plan on playing it outside.

thanks!

It's not humid weather that's the problem....it's DRY weather.

Top Bottom