someone please help with me with this strumming

Why don't you want a video lesson? The method he's using is called a "split stroke." His hand is kind of in a fist. He's strumming with his index finger on both up and down strokes.

If you really want to learn it, I'd watch this VIDEO LESSON.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7oEN5maZY

okay thanks man, but harrison is not using the same rhythm every time is he? the split stroke has to be a certain rhythm?

oh and does anyone have the chords to this version? i saw it somewhere and the thread got deleted a while back
:(

Last edited:
its because last time i asked i got sent a basic strumming lesson that included a lesson on picking out my first ukulele :)

its because last time i asked i got sent a basic strumming lesson that included a lesson on picking out my first ukulele :)

So what uke did you buy? :D
Seriously though, lessons are the way to go if you want to learn. Unless you learn it on your own ofcourse. But now you asked so...:cheers:

Is the uke George is playing a concert scale Kamaka? And what kind is the reso uke on the blanket?

Is the uke George is playing a concert scale Kamaka? And what kind is the reso uke on the blanket?

No idea about the resonator but the uke he's playing does look like a Kamaka concert, simply because of the headstock, I've never seen any other uke with one like that.

help with strums

Ukulelezaza posted this on YouTube a couple years ago. After the kitchen lesson by Witgrip that Seeso posted, watching this may help. There is also one by winninboy out there for the triplet. Like all things - especially some up the neck jazz chords - it feels like an unnatural act. practice brings muscle memory and it becomes reflex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYvNtqXVAdw

I am working on this as well, trying to overcome 32 years of three finger picking.....

pete

Isn't he using a different rhythm on the some chords like the 3rd chord for example?

Nope! Still a triplet. He uses different rhythms throughout the song, but every time he does a split stroke, it's a triplet.

Now sometimes, he plays only the top strings and sometimes only the bottom, but that's not technically what most refer to as a "split stroke."

Top Bottom