PDA

View Full Version : A hardshell case for my tenor, or a new soprono uke?

SkeeterAsada
07-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I bring my uke pretty much everywhere

and it's starting to take on some damage, minor scratches, etc.

i'm split between buying either a new soprono uke, or a new case to keep my current (and only) ukulele safe when i take it places.
what should i do?
what whoud you do?

:anyone:

seeso
07-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Kind of a tough decision, but I'd get the case. You don't want a broken uke.

KC8AFW
07-02-2009, 03:29 PM
http://www.instrumentalley.com/Armor-Cases-TC-100-Ukulele-Hardcase-for-Tenor-Ukes-p/a-tc-100.htm

itsme
07-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Do you currently have any case for your tenor? Because even an inexpensive gig bag would protect against scratches and most damage in transport, unless you're literally throwing the gig bag around. Do that with a hardshell case and the contents can still be damaged.

The case KC8AFW linked looks good. You probably aren't going to find a really good soprano uke in that price range anyway.

danged
07-02-2009, 06:11 PM
You can get a gig bag for around $20. You can also use a cardboard ukulele box, used for shipping by the manufacturer's. Unless your tenor is worth less than a case, don't buy another uke.

But if you want a soprano, the Colored Makala's with dolphin bridge comes with a carry bag....all for around $35.

Raygf
07-03-2009, 12:00 AM
A descent case is never a bad investment. Protect your uke! What kind of tenor are you playing? You might be able to get away with a gig bag and a soprano uke. :D