Where can I get a Pono in the UK

scooch

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm after a Pono Tenor uke, and now that one of the serious stockists 'theukuleleshop.co.uk' are out of business does anyone know where I might get one? DukeofUke dont have them. So many ukes are just sold as a 'novelty' item in guitar shops and its hard to find something quality.

Any help with UK resources would be great. I've done a search but I'm not finding anything :(

Thanks.

Hello,
I'm after a Pono Tenor uke, and now that one of the serious stockists 'theukuleleshop.co.uk' are out of business does anyone know where I might get one? DukeofUke dont have them. So many ukes are just sold as a 'novelty' item in guitar shops and its hard to find something quality.

Any help with UK resources would be great. I've done a search but I'm not finding anything :(

Thanks.

Hey, hopefullly someone else might be able to offer better news but I'm not sure you'll be able to find a Pono in the UK. Were DukeofUke able to get hold of them? I've only ever seen things like Lanikais for sale. I had to get my Kamaka from Hawaii!

I can't find anything either but you may find something from just across the water in mainland Europe, France, Germany, etc.

www.ukulele.de would sell them for sure, but other members would be able to give you links to other shops.

[...]
www.ukulele.de would sell them for sure, but other members would be able to give you links to other shops.

I'd go with Ukulele.de.

I'm in England and have bought from them with no probs at all. No extra import duties or taxes as Germany's in the EU, and shipping cost was no more than it would have been buying from a UK store.

Oh, and they do have Pono ukes. ;)

I'd go with Ukulele.de.

I'm in England and have bought from them with no probs at all. No extra import duties or taxes as Germany's in the EU, and shipping cost was no more than it would have been buying from a UK store.

Oh, and they do have Pono ukes. ;)

This is good to know as i plan to order from them at the end of this week when he has my Pono mango tenor in stock!! :D

This is from dukeofuke.co.uk HUGE price markup compared to abroad.​

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are currently waiting for a delivery of Pono ukuleles. We have unsuccessfully tried to get an estimated delivery date, however we are hoping to get them within the next month. I am happy to contact you once they are back in stock. Provided that the ukuleles haven't been subjected to a huge price increase the prices for the PTO Tenor Mahogany inc. hard case is £285.00 and the PTM Tenor Curly mango inc. hard case is £295.00.

If you are too eager to wait, I would recommend that you take a look at Risa's and Mele's tenor ukuleles as well. Both beautiful instruments but very differently sounding - The Mele Mahogany Tenor is sweet and quite mellow sounding and the Risa is very bright and punchy. Please see the following links for more details: http://www.dukeofuke.co.uk/mele-mahogany-tenor-ukulele-p-202.html; http://www.dukeofuke.co.uk/risa-spruce-tenor-cutaway-ukulele-with-pickup-p-516.html.

Best wishes,

Ane

Duke of Uke
22 Hanbury Street
London​

This is good to know as i plan to order from them at the end of this week when he has my Pono mango tenor in stock!! :D
I found them to be very good. They speak English too, which I found helpful when I phoned to alter my order a bit! My German is terrible... :eek:

Top Bottom