A Little dissapointed with my KoAloha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

petah

Reaction score
I know she was never abused, her Koa binding is very rough on the unfinished side (almost cut myself). I took out the saddle when changing strings and there's a big old crack in the bridge under the saddle. No abuse that I know of could have caused that. :( I wouldn't even think humidity could have caused that...

With the amount of $$ I spent I'm quite disappointed. This was supposed to be a keeper :( With all the raving reviews maybe a bad apple?

Whoa. Sorry to hear that. My koaloha finish was actually better than my Kamaka finish. Where did you get her from?

Maybe I should go back to collecting guitars.

I won't mention any names till I get everything sorted out. But I'm sure you can't produce these kind issues with abuse.

I'm sure they'll take care of you. Just give them call and tell them your issues. I thought you wanted to trade it? You didn't like how the bridge was attached or something?

You sure what you have isn't a factory second? These can be purchased from the KoAloha shop. Is it possible your's could be a second hand second?

@ seeso I was put to ease after Doing more research. (The bridge screws don't bother me now) But a bridge crack does.

I don't know if it's a second... :( If IT was I would expected to have spent a little less...

I'm very picky when I spend anything over 300. I wouldn't want to trade it to someone.

KoAloha does have a pretty generous warranty and they're known for great customer service. Try to get in touch with them directly and tell them about your concerns; they will likely hook you up.

My father is a guitar expert. When he comes home I will get him to look at it. Maybe a refund may be in order. ( I was expecting something completely perfect ) I know when I deal online If I don't have the best pictures I completely disclose everything. even the smallest issue...

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I don't know where you got it -- that would affect how to deal with it. Good luck though.

I know when I deal online If I don't have the best pictures I completely disclose everything. even the smallest issue...

Oh, so you didn't buy it direct?

yeah I got it 'Gifted' from (the UPS man) SO I'm pretty sure the warranty is void.

My father just took a look at it and he wasn't pleased. :mad:

My Bruko which cost me 200 Canadian shipped has better fit and finish :(

I have mentioned on another thread that in the past I have bought 3 of them, and they were all very bad.
So much so that I would never buy one again unless I actually inspected it myself first. These were bought from a very well known person as well.

However, they do get rave reviews so the percentage of satisfied customers is way up there.

I have mentioned on another thread that in the past I have bought 3 of them, and they were all very bad.
So much so that I would never buy one again unless I actually inspected it myself first. These were bought from a very well known person as well.

However, they do get rave reviews so the percentage of satisfied customers is way up there.

I'm in no way bashing the company or the seller.

I'm a fan of the Engineering of the ukulele! The unibrace is Magnificent!
However little things... I have higher end guitars that I 'would' put in the same league as the Price point I bought the Uke for and it does fall kinda short.

Whipping out my dental mirror I can see plenty of excess glue inside. The finish of the bridge glue job.... Little things that really don't effect playability but When I look at the marketplace An extra 100 or so can buy me Something in a completely different price point.

Anyways :( I do feel let down. I looked for a bad review and couldn't find one so I thought it would be 100% perfect in every respect. Maybe I have high expectations.

yea ive heard nothing bad about their ukes or their service, so go ahead and give em a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom