Waiting in anticipation ..

Johnny Elsewhere

Reaction score
For my new tenor fluke!

The tracking number says it should be here today; and it's in my city out for delivery right now! I'm excited!

Just in time for my show on Saturday! I might have to go and get some new strings, just to be on the save side.

Anyway; discuss flukes (I know Puremarkska, NERDglasses, etc have one), what they sound like, and flukes in general!

niceeeeee. congrats.
but im not sure if I would change the strings for a next day gig.
it takes a week or two for strings to settle in!

I have a Flea and want a Fluke badly. I have played 3 and they are the easiest to play uke that I've played. Not only the action etc.. but the pick up and play factor. Best sounding that I've ever played too under the 6th fret. Anything above the 6th sounds kinda banjo-ish. (That's on my Flea). Since getting my flea, I play at least 3 times as much as I used too.

Great purchase... you'll be pleased for sure. Just change those unholy GHS strings before making and judgements.

Last edited:
Woo. Let us know how it is, ive always wanted a fluke/flea. added to the list....haha

Tenor Flukes, in my opinion, have a sweeter tone than concert Flukes. I think the extra tension from the scale length allows them to ring a little more. It should have a tight, focused tone that projects well (read, "loud and clear.") I adore my tenor Fluke and I anticipate that you will be happy as well!

I got it!

But the micro tuners are hard to use, it wont stay in ONE position, and it goes flat usually almost instantly. I can visually SEE the tuner tuning back down.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Tighten the screw at the end of the buttons. ;)
Totally ecstatic about my 10 years old used Fluke I recently picked up.

Being the excited dummy I am .. I didn't realize there were screws. Fixed! Will post pics and videos soon. Sill messing around with it!

Give the screw a quarter turn to snug it up. Maybe a half depending on if it needs it.

Top Bottom