A good uke day!

buddhuu

Super Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Well, today I got my first Ukulele Underground t-shirt (and a UU sticker! Thanks, guys). Great shirt... now I want a green one as well!

So, that got my day off to a fine start.

Then this afternoon as we were walking in the local market I spotted an old banjo uke on a stall. The guy told me he wanted £20 for it. 'Not bad', I thought - but I really can't go blowing £20 on the spur of the moment just now. Things are a little tight.

However, with a little bit of encouragement from my lovely wife, who could see how intrigued I was by this relic, I decided to make the guy an offer of the uke was still there when we walked back. As we went back an hour later on our way to the car, I haggled with the stall guy and got the uke for £15.

It needs a little work - new pegs, for a start - but it's an interesting thing. The neck/headstock/fretboard (including frets) seems, at first glance, to be a one-piece aluminum casting.

Anyhow, here's a pic. Also shown is my UU sticker on the case of my tenor uke!

Attachments

• banjouke.jpg
    banjouke.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 37
Well, today I got my first Ukulele Underground t-shirt (and a UU sticker! Thanks, guys). Great shirt... now I want a green one as well!

Nice find Rick, never know it may be worth a fortune. I got a Kelly Green T-Shirt and it's well nice, I also got a black one at the same time, got stung an extra £11 cos it went over the threshold for tax, next time we'll have to do a bulk buy for us Brits, it gotta work out cheaper.:rock:

Top Bottom