1930's Kamaka Pineapple with original hardshell case

pahu

Reaction score
I think its worth many hundreds, but will consider a partial trade: Your nice concert (regular or Pineapple) and your hundreds cash. You dont see these every day-especially in an original hardshell case-AND history from SS Lurline/Matson Cruise Lines. First, the Bad: the original bridge is loose but included/ 2 large cracks on front(no light shows thru)/where the cracks meet the edge , the top has lifted ever so slightly(see photo of heel)/3 T I N Y white specks on back(too tiny to show up in pics)/nut has "nick" at 4th string(holds a string just fine)/Fretboard has areas where its not completely flat-Im guessing its just production methods of the era.The Good: Pineapple Label is complete and legible-with serial number hand written/ Back is very nice with no lifting/warping/hairline cracks or issues at all. Neck is tight & straight. Frets and fretboard show no wear from playing at all. Tuners appear to be original friction type(rare for this era). Case is extremely nice-hardware all works fine & shows corrosion typical for the age. Handle is good(2 attaching rivets are not tight to body, but hold fine) The Lurline label is a story in itself:The Father of the original owner of this uke was stationed in Hawaii (US Navy?) and left the Islands in 1934. This label is for baggage that traveler wishes to be placed in their stateroom. Its in very good shape and all hand-written script is legible.
I have described the faults in great detail and to the best of my knowledge- I can send photos if desired.

Last edited:
Welcome to UU! You will get more interest if you post a few pictures here, instead of emailing them. And it also gives all the members an educational look at the ukuleles offered.

–Lori

30's Kamaka Pineapple

Sorry, Newbie mistake..I didnt read FAQ's(duhhh) to figure out how to post pics in New Thread. I DID, however put a few pics on my Profile page in an Album.. Will get some more pice up when I return from long week-end. Pahu!

Top Bottom