Mahalo UTL-30SB T style Sunburst Ukulele

Can't say I have. When I looked it up on the internets I was shocked. Pretty ugly, but if that's your thing... :D All I can say is that Mahalos are not all that great. Our local store carries some (yes, even the flying V,*blech*) and I was not impressed. Even the solid Mahogani was kinda meh. If you're looking for a starter uke in that price range, try Makala or Lanikai. They're just more "finished". I've got a Makalaa Dolphin myself. I put on Aquilas, and it's just astonishing how loud and clear that little thing is now.

I've heard more about the Les Paul style Mahalos, than I have about the Telecaster styles. The Les Pauls receive good reviews. They say it's a good uke for the price.

All I've heard about the Telecaster style is from UKISOCIETY, one of our members here. He owns one. You can hear it in this video. He likes it. Again, he says it's a good uke for the price.

I say go for it if you've got the spare cash. Besides, you're not getting this thing for the sound and playability, right?

I have one, switched out the strings for Aquila and added a strike guard to make it look more like a telecaster. It's bright, stays in tune better than a regular Mahalo. I'd say it's a good starter, but you will end up upgrading sooner than later.

i was gonna get it for my cousin as a gift

but since you guys say it doesnt have good playbillity
then ill spend my money elsewhere maybe on a malkala tenor
or a lanikai concert :)

thanx for the help guys:shaka:

Yes, I like my telecaster styled Mahalo. Was able to try out a few of those and a few Les Paul styled. I didn't like the LP ones. They seemed to have less volume. I noticed that with the K-wave Kiwayas too. Tried both telecaster and LP styles and ended up with the telecaster.

But I've also noticed that the ukes can sound different even of the same style. So it's best to be able to play one before buying it.

I ended up filing down the saddle of the Mahalo a bit. The intonation was a bit off. Now it sounds better and for the price ($50) it was certainly a good deal.

I have one, switched out the strings for Aquila and added a strike guard to make it look more like a telecaster. It's bright, stays in tune better than a regular Mahalo. I'd say it's a good starter, but you will end up upgrading sooner than later.

exactly what i did and i have the exact same opinion... lol:D weird. And i did upgrade with in a few months lol really weird. ur psychic.

Top Bottom