Beginner :)

Harris

Reaction score
Hey there guys,

Im looking to buy my first ukulele as soon as possible, i really dont want to spend much as im only 16 and i dont have much money to spare on a uke.

I'm trying to decide between 2 uke's, the mahalo :
http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/p-330-mahalo-black-soprano-ukulele-4-string-starter-ukelele-uke-bag.aspx

and the makala:

http://www.chappellofbondstreet.co.uk/product.php?product_id=MAK-UKE-SUPER

now im just wondering if anybody has any experience with thes ukuleles and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys,

Harris =D

Hello

Hey Harris,

I think the general consensus is that the Makala dolphin ukes are better.

(I had a red Mahalo as my first uke, and I had to file the bridge and the nut right down to make it playable and the intonation is awful. That's just anecdotal as I can't judge the whole company on one uke.)

From reading other threads on here, I would suggest the Makala. (You might find it needs a little work anyway, but they're great for the money.)

Good luck with your uke journey :)
Anna

First Ukulele

Hi

Try the Stagg US 10 (Normans Music shop on the net are cheapest at the moment). The Stagg US 10 is the nicest sounding cheap instrument I have found yet. I tried the Stagg US 40 and it did not match up to the sound quality of the cheapest of the range. Good luck.

Try the Makala...seriously, they sound and play really well for the money! Now all you have to do is choose a color, or spend a little more and get the natural mahogany! Either way you won't be disappointed.:music:

Hi

Try the Stagg US 10 (Normans Music shop on the net are cheapest at the moment). The Stagg US 10 is the nicest sounding cheap instrument I have found yet. I tried the Stagg US 40 and it did not match up to the sound quality of the cheapest of the range. Good luck.

See, i did look at that, but its stagg, and i wasnt sure if that was any good considering its hardly amazing for guitars, has anybody else had any experience with the Stagg US10?

Cheers for the help so far x

The Makala, by Kala is a better made ukulele, and sounds and plays nice. Hard to beat for the price!

Out of those two I'd have to vote for the Makala.

I guess the question is though: do you have a price range? Even going up to 50 quid opens your options up a bit...

Choices choices. Let us know which one you get. Remember a cheap ukulele might be a good one. An expensive ukulele is usually worth the money and a mid range instrument might be better or worse than the cheap one you started with. What ever you do get good quality strings.

I own a Makala tenor and was very surprised at what I got for the money. My opinion-of the two-go with Makala.

Top Bottom