Video Editing Software?

franulele

Reaction score
Just wondering what video editing software folks use.

I'm interested in doing a few really basic, beginner ukulele videos for the town library's uke loaner program this summer. However, Windows Movie Maker won't let me superimpose song lyrics or chord diagrams onto the video. Or maybe I don't know how .

Any suggestions for fairly inexpensive & Windows based video editing software?

Video editing

Not to pass the buck but creativecow.net is a good resource for video editors. I'm a Final Cut guy so can't specifically speak to PC software but I hear good things about pinnacle Studio or Adobe Premiere Elements though they'll run between $70-$99. A good chunk of change to lay down if you're not sure you'll do much editing. Sorry I can't be of more help. - Peace

Video Editing

Hey Fran

Personally I use Sony Vegas. I record audio first in Audacity, then import the finished mp3 into Vegas. I paid £33 I think. I did try some freeware first, but it wasn't very good (but can't complain as it was free!)

You can download a free trial for a month and test it out and see if you like it first, which is what I did.
Try this: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials/moviestudio

I hope it goes well for you :)
Anna

Don't know about chord diagrams (maybe if they're pure text and not images), but you can definitely use the "titles and credits" function to add song lyrics to your video. It's fairly easy to do... you just click where you want the text in the timeline, type it in, choose the style, and you're set.

Hope this helps and might save you some dollahs.

Corel Video Studio

It is deffinately worth a look... it is simple and quite reasonably priced. Overlay is the technique your after for chord diagrams, which this software manages with ease. You would deffinately be able to do everything you need using this software x

Top Bottom