how are kala brand ukes

sws321

Reaction score
im about to buy my first uke on ebay and im going to get it from a guy in HI, i think its mgm? or something like that its a soprano and in total with shipping its like 63 bucks is this a decent price for a starter uke? its a kala ka-15s

Last edited:
#1: Mike (mgm) rules!
#2: Kalas are great starter Ukes! Especially when they're set up by mgm!
#3: Welcome to teh Underground!
#4: There's a whole lot of useful beginners stuff in the stickies of the Uke-Beginners section of the forum. Try checking there before you start a new topic. The search function also works quite well :D

lol yea sorry bout that i wanted to shoot that post out before work ..and i am very happy to hear that mike is a good person to buy from i shall search and introduce myself thanks again.

No worries, eh?

You've definitely come to the right place, this forum is one of the coolest and friendliest on the net. I should warn you tho, you'll probably contract UAS pretty soon. And then you won't be looking at $60 Kalas, no sir :D

Once again, welcome to the ukulele experience. May this little instrument bring you joy and happiness.

:shaka:

im about to buy my first uke on ebay and im going to get it from a guy in HI, i think its mgm? or something like that its a soprano and in total with shipping its like 63 bucks is this a decent price for a starter uke? its a kala ka-15s

Where are you located? The Kala is a good starting uke, and buying on line is OK, if you do not have a local ukulele store. If there is a store in the area, you can save some money or buy the KA-S for around the same price. I have compared the KA-15s with the Makala Soprano made by Kala, and they look and play identical, other than the label. You can save some money by getting the Makala, or get the KA-S which is noticeably better.

well i live in rhode island and the only place i know is guitar center and they have like no selection that and i saw that mike was the go to guy for decently set up ukes i have been playing guitar for about 3 years and ever since i heard of bruddah IZ i NEED to learn how to play this instrument ya know lol

MGM in Hawaii is great to deal with plus you will get a uke that has been properly set-up. Good luck and enjoy!

When's the ukulele coming? Are you on pins and needles yet?

lol not yet on the pins and needles but i feel i soon will be lol i just ordered the uke today from mgm i wanted to see if i could message him and ask him how long it will take

If you ordered from MGM, Mike will send you a UPS tracking number. Yoyu can than go to UPS.com and watch your uke, along it's journey to your hands.

ah, gotta love the tracking number lol it says that the item has been shipped but thats about it lol

Last edited:
I don't know where you're located...but if it's within the states, I bet you'll have it by the end of the week. By tomorrow (or this evening), they'll have an expected delivery date.

Top Bottom