Latest Symptoms of UAS

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Here are my last 4 purchases in the last 5 months, at least I got it down to less than one a month. :p
KPK, Fluke, Mainland, and Kamaka. :rolleyes:
P1010213.jpg

Are those honu stickers on your fluke? Makes it look 10x bettah!

Does having more than one uke (got another one today!) count as a symptom?

Does the fact that I played a 1920 Martin, an Abbott (in fact made for Mr Abbott himself!) banjo uke that George Harrison has played and quite frankly too many others to remember today and I wanted them ALL count too?:cool:

Does having two weekends in a row going to uke player gigs (Uke Orch of GB and The Re-entrants last weekend) count as well?:music:

I think maybe I may have Uke Flu at the very least....:eek:ld: NURSE

Ace-T :)

Does having more than one uke (got another one today!) count as a symptom?

Yeppirs, 'fraid you have the first symptom...now you're going to want different sizes, makes, colors...OH! The possibilities!:p

You have a sweet collection! I'm in awe of the pineapples, but the Fluke looks great with those stickers.

My UAS is going untreated in hopes that I can starve it out of my system, but 8 months without a uke purchase is only making me hungrier for more.

PS. My local 'ukulele shop just informed me that they got their order of Koa Keli'i pineapples in and with my discount it totals a tad over $300. KoAloha emailed me and said they have a Koa pineapple factory second ready for pick if interested. I am going crazy resisting these temptations... "Get behind me Pineapple!"

Well, it's not entirely her fault. I got my girl hooked on the baritone, and even though she's living in San Diego now, I went down and gave her her own baritone last weekend.

I just got a text a minute ago that she has just acquired two more ukes! Forty dollars for BOTH!! Not sure what the other is, but one she describes as a mango pineapple.

I'm calling her now...

PS. My local 'ukulele shop just informed me that they got their order of Koa Keli'i pineapples in and with my discount it totals a tad over $300. KoAloha emailed me and said they have a Koa pineapple factory second ready for pick if interested. I am going crazy resisting these temptations... "Get behind me Pineapple!"

Bitten by the bug indeed! I actually tried to flick it away - - - is that a flea? :p

did u get that kamaka pineapple of e-bay 3wks-1 month ago when it went up with like 50 seconds left from 350-480?

did u get that kamaka pineapple of e-bay 3wks-1 month ago when it went up with like 50 seconds left from 350-480?

Nah, I bought from a local Hawaii seller on Craigslist about 2 months ago. I got it for $300 so not a bad deal. ;)

Nah, I bought from a local Hawaii seller on Craigslist about 2 months ago. I got it for $300 so not a bad deal. ;)

Ah, I've managed to stay away from the ukes on that site for several months now. Oahu Craigslist is where money leaves my wallet and goes to die.

A guy was selling his 8 string Nahenahe for $300 a few weeks ago, SO tempting. It was mahogany, if it was Koa it would have been in the last group shot. :rolleyes:

Very nice collection. I'm drooling over the Kamaka pineapple! And that little bug thing on your signature is driving me nuts. Almost broke my screen trying to get rid of it! :biglaugh:

A guy was selling his 8 string Nahenahe for $300 a few weeks ago, SO tempting. It was mahogany, if it was Koa it would have been in the last group shot. :rolleyes:

uncle, you know on fmm get one koaloha long neck pineapple? go fo broke unco!

Last edited:
Top Bottom