Flip Camcorder

cashew

Reaction score
If only I had the money... but if some of you do... and want a fairly decent camcorder to record your videos on, www.woot.com has the flip camcorder on sale for $74.99 with $5 shipping and handling.

Truth be told, I'd get this for myself to make uke videos on the beach, (and not have to take my good camera out there) if I had the funds :)

Ok, go forth and stimulate the economy!
--Nut

That's really tempting, but I'm holding out for the new HD version with 2X zoom. I have a really upscale Sony HD full feature 'corder and don't use it because it's such a pain to deal with the files. The Flip is really appealing because it is so simple and straight forward and gives files in a ready-to-use format. The deal you linked to is about half price. It doesn't say who refurbished it. Look for original manufacturer factory refurb.

-- Al

I have a FLIP that I use for my fishing, and diving videos but one of the bads I found is the sound quality- okay for fishing talk but inferior for musical recordings.

I've used the HD version. The video image is good, audio just so-so. It's good if you want to shoot in a wide screen format. For me, most of my playback will be at 4:3 anyway so it's no great advantage for me.

Also, I had a terrible time editing Flip files. I had to convert from their MP4 format into something my video editor would recognize before I could do anything with them.

Top Bottom