July 18 - 19 UU on Oahu! FREE BBQ

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Hey everybody. The 3 of us will be flying up to Oahu to hang out and stuff at the Ukulele Festival. We want to have a little get together and throw a free BBQ ala San Diego Represent style too but we're still deciding where would be the best place to have it. Thinking right now Kakaako park...

If you're on Oahu and can make it for a FREE BBQ on Saturday July 18, please RSVP in this thread so we can get an idea of a head count and how much food and drinks to buy.

What: Free BBQ and UU Get Together
When: July 18 2009
Where: Kakaako Park
Time: Noon - whenever

I'll update this thread as we get more details ironed out.

Last edited:
count me in.

hmm. should i start the going/ not going thing?

GOING
Kaneohe til the end

NOT GOING

Last edited:
How about two weeks later?

Aloha, Ryan -

I'd love to hit your BBQ, but it's a little too soon - I'll be on Oahu from August 2 - 5, and Kauai the following week. Do you know of any kanikapilas or any uke things happening during that time? Or maybe wanna start one? Would love to do some playing ...

Bartt
The Ukulele Bartt Sextet
Bartt.net

count me in.

hmm. should i start the going/ not going thing?

GOING
Kaneohe til the end

NOT GOING

They're probably going to be super busy, but anybody at KoAloha is invited as well. Just a chill get together where everybody can hang out.

Awww,, I wish I was on Oahu...

this is going to be fun.
Will be attending. Definetly.

Count me in, I'll be there, my hubby will come too, but he'll be surfing most likely! Are most of you staying downtown area? Kailua park is an awesome place to get together too, but not sure of everyone's locale. So stoked to meet all of you!

Last edited:
GOING
------------------------
Kaneohe til the end
Experiment Jon
Dino and Family

NOT GOING
------------------------

Count my wife and I in ! We are coming over from San Diego to attend the Uke Fest on Sunday. Sounds like a great time!

I gotta drive ALL THE WAY from Kailua to Kaka'ako? That's almost 30 minutes. ;) Gotta check wit' da boss (wife) to see whazzup that week end. You young guy don't mind one makule old fut hanging wit' you folks? Anyone there trained in CPR? :D Here's a great big MAYBE, get back to you.

See you there http://www.roysakuma.net/ukulelefestival/ :shaka:

Hey everybody. The 3 of us will be flying up to Oahu to hang out and stuff at the Ukulele Festival. We want to have a little get together and throw a free BBQ ala San Diego Represent style too but we're still deciding where would be the best place to have it. Thinking right now Kakaako park...

If you're on Oahu and can make it for a FREE BBQ on Saturday July 18, please RSVP in this thread so we can get an idea of a head count and how much food and drinks to buy.

What: Free BBQ and UU Get Together
When: July 18 2009
Where: dunno yet (maybe Kakaako Park)
Time: Noon - whenever

I'll update this thread as we get more details ironed out.

WOOO!!! ill FINALLY be able to attend a UU meetup!!! I'm playing in the uke festival too! Are you guys gonna be AT the ukulele festival as well? Say's day before, just wanna make sure.:music: Jam On!

WOOO!!! ill FINALLY be able to attend a UU meetup!!! I'm playing in the uke festival too! Are you guys gonna be AT the ukulele festival as well? Say's day before, just wanna make sure.:music: Jam On!

Oh I no believe dis!!!!!! Kolohe boy going actually attend?????? This is Epic! hahahahaha. Finally get to me you.

It would kill you to do this in Minneapolis? Ya gotta come here sometime. It's lovely in the summer.

Dammm...I dont fly into Oahu until 3pm that day! Well, I will be following UU on twitter if anything get's planned for that night. If nothing us, I will catch up with yall at the festival.

What do you guys feel like eating? Standard fare Burgers and hotdogs? Veggie Burgers?

Top Bottom