Ottawa Folk Festival in August

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
The Ottawa Folk Festival is going heavy on the uke this year with concerts by James Hill and Victoria Vox. The festival draws several thousand people and even has a ukulele building workshop. Pretty Cool!

http://www.ottawafolk.org/index.html

WOWEE!

I am seriously hoping/planning to be in Ottawa around that time. All should work out well, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. That workshop sounds like it would be the bees knees!

A little late for me to try to go this year but who knows. Maybe I will get to. wouldn't mind a dedicated uke festival in Ontario though. Northern Ontario would be easier on the wallet too.

By the seven gods of the rusty fret wire! I'm in Ottawa for a convention until Aug 19 - I'll miss this event and it's driving me CRAZY! It's a five-six-hour drive, so I'm not driving home Wednesday, then turning around and driving back for the next weekend. But I sure am annoyed that I couldn't attend. Looks like a great weekend!

Is there anything else to do, uke-wise, in non-festival moments? Groups or ukesters I can connect with during my stay?​

Hey, is anyone from UU going to the uke building workshop on Saturday? I haven't booked my ticket yet... although I have booked my ticket for the festival and can't wait to see James Hill! Still trying to work out my priorities (of two days in Ottawa, how much time can I afford to spend on ukuleles, and how much SHOULD I spend with friends? If only there were some magic way to combine the two!)

And Hoosierhiver, are you planning to be there? If so, in some official capacity... selling some ukes perhaps?

i think mike and mainland should have a ukefest in loooouuuisssiana just sayin lol

Top Bottom