Custom Cigarbox ukulele

Ukeffect

Reaction score
nice find! going to get one :D

This is one GREAT builder to do business with!

Jay is the guy's name. The Tabac tenor with the K&K is the one he built for me and I am very happy with the Uke. Jay is a great communicator and will custom build to your wishes, no matter how off-the-wall they may be. Google Tiny Gutars to see more.

Update, I took the plunge and have one made (several projects like this at the moment...next stage of UAS). Here are some photos of the progress, it's almost done! Yeaaaay!
tabaccbuke1.jpg

With the neck roughed out and the Tabac cigar box chosen...Tenor scale

cbuneck2.jpg

cbuneck1.jpg

cbuneck3.jpg

Neck further done, Brazilian cherry...Sycamore fretboard...Abalone dots...Amber and gold Gotoh tuners!

Is it me or does using the Holy Bible as a uke neck rest seem wrong? :eek::p

i think the fact that its a kincade edition bothers me more.

Very nice!!! Is that box wood or one of those ones that are more like very stiff cardboard material? Did you get to choose the box too?

this is one I'm working on right now...I'm hoping she turns out. There are a couple "first times" on this one

DSC01486.jpg

DSC01488.jpg.

still gotta shape the heel, make soundholes, do the electronics...touch ups etc

Last edited:
Very nice!!! Is that box wood or one of those ones that are more like very stiff cardboard material? Did you get to choose the box too?

Yep, I got to choose the box and he has a lot to choose from. The Tabac cigar boxes are Spanish cedar with a paper wrapper. A lot of the top end cigar boxes are like that, Jay uses only wooden boxes in his instruments! He just emailed me and says my gurl is on the way...WOOOT!

Last edited:
Top Bottom