PDA

View Full Version : Heartbroken!

NatalieLin6
07-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Well, I somehow managed to crack the tuning peg on my ukulele. Now I can't play it until I get it fixed. How will I survive? I guess that just means I am going to have to try harder to get a Mainland as soon as possible.

Dino
07-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey Nat,
I just listened to your cover of "i can see clearly now". I think you sang that very well. I do have to agree with you that you need a new uke. As far as cracking your tuner peg.....hmmmm.....you could easily replace that. Don't doubt yourself.....you play uke, you play guitar, and you sing. You can change a tuning peg. The don't cost that much. Go for it! Keep up the singing!

Dino
07-06-2009, 09:04 PM
here's an inexpensive set on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Four-Black-Ukulele-Tuning-Pegs-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116Q QhashZitem359dbb181fQQitemZ230279551007QQptZLHQ5fD efaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

RevWill
07-07-2009, 02:27 AM
There's bound to be a shop near Detroit Rock City that has uke pegs. Look for one that specializes or features lots of acoustic guitars and folk instruments.

hoosierhiver
07-07-2009, 03:16 AM
PM me your address Nat and I'll send you a set ASAP!

RevWill
07-07-2009, 03:20 AM
hh to the rescue!

Friction pegs are so easy to replace it's ridiculous. You can dooo eeet!

NatalieLin6
07-07-2009, 09:16 AM

Well I fixed it so I can play until I replace it, that was my main worry. I knew I would be able to replace it eventually, but just knowing I couldn't play it right then was a bummer. I even had a dream last night that all my tuner pegs were missing off of my ukulele. HAHA! If you send me a set Mike, I will be forever in your debt :)

russ_buss
07-07-2009, 09:19 AM

a real uke hero! :)

NatalieLin6
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey Nat,
I just listened to your cover of "i can see clearly now". I think you sang that very well. I do have to agree with you that you need a new uke. As far as cracking your tuner peg.....hmmmm.....you could easily replace that. Don't doubt yourself.....you play uke, you play guitar, and you sing. You can change a tuning peg. The don't cost that much. Go for it! Keep up the singing!
Thank you for the compliments. I have faith in myself that I can fix it. Although I am hoping I won't have to play it for long because it will be replaced once I save enough for my new Mainland.

Ahnko Honu
07-07-2009, 09:51 AM
a real uke hero! :)

Mikey is my hero too, he got me a nice Mainland pineapple. :)