Bb chords trouble

Esy

Reaction score
Can anybody help me, I played few months but this angry chord still to make problem. Does anybody have any tip how to catch this.

did you just try frettin the first fret and play an a?

or you do it the harder way where you actually have to press everything with all your 4 fingers?

I bare 1 fret with index, middle put on 2nd Cstring andring finger to G but a ring finger don`t work as well..

well it prolly depends on what kind of uke you have
if its prolly like tenor or baritone and you have small fingers or something its gonna take you time to actually get it done
since i have like a concert and the space in the frets are much smaller its easier for me to play those

i have this problem only on my tenor. On my sopravo all works well i have long fingers

What about the chord do you have trouble with? is it hard to make your fingers do that shape?

I used to have the same problems with doing certain chord shapes in fact I still can't do this shape well: 3544

They key is to keep practicing everyday and your fingers will eventually get used to it. Build up the strength in your hands and it will become easier and easier. :)

then Its normal :pp

one my motto.

Practice practice and practice :D

I remember also having problems with Bb when I first started playing, but one day it just worked, so I think with practice you'll get it.

I play Bb:

Index finger on first fret of both A and E string.
middle finger on second fret of C string.
ring finger on third fret of G string.

Try playing F, Bb, F, Bb a bunch of times. You should feel your right arm swinging in an out and your index finger sort of pivoting around the 1st fret on the E string (F).

thanks all for all hints..

WS64 thats a nifty tab transposer you have!

anyway, idk if this has been shared yet, but what about just barring the whole first fret? Does that make it more comfortable for you? When I first started out on the ukulele I played Bb by doing the whole bar instead of just the first 2 strings on the first fret. Then later I saw advanced players doing it like that so I just copied them.

WS64 thats a nifty tab transposer you have!

anyway, idk if this has been shared yet, but what about just barring the whole first fret? Does that make it more comfortable for you? When I first started out on the ukulele I played Bb by doing the whole bar instead of just the first 2 strings on the first fret. Then later I saw advanced players doing it like that so I just copied them.

I might get moaned at for bumping an old topic, but I just found this via a Google search. I've never been able to play Bb properly but this advice I've quoted above has helped tremendously, I just had to sign up and say thanks :)

Try this:

That's actually a Bb(add2) chord, but you can often play it in place of a normal old Bb chord. It's a more "modern" sound, in my earpinion.

One nice thing about it is that, if you're in the key of F, you can just keep your finger on the third fret of the first string all the time:

F = 2013
Bb = 3213
C = 0003 or 0033

JJ

I had the same trouble.

I have to slide my thumb toward the back of the neck. Unfortunately I like to hold the neck down in the crook of my hand. (like wrapping my hand around the neck of a bottle.) So when I curl my index finger, it will only cover one string at the first fret. Aldrine and some other folks said that I should try to alter my grip. Get the tip of your thumb as near to the middle of the back of the neck as you can. Almost magically your index finger will be at a better angle to cover those two strings at the first fret.

Work on it and I hope this helps.

If you're having trouble with a chord, take it head on and choose songs with that chord, you'll be playing it in no time. Or, take up guitar, it's helped my ukulele chording.

Top Bottom