3rd Wave Ukuleles

jazzuke

Reaction score
I'll admit it..I have a serious jones for musical instruments. Not that I collect excessive amounts of any one kind, preferring a few expensive ones, over a lot of inexpensive, so I can sell later if need be (2 mandolins, three guitars, 2 ukes, 3 fifes..the list goes on).

I bought my first uke, a 3rd Wave, about 12 years ago...it was portable and easy to play. I added a Larrivee soprano about 7 years ago, when I stopped playing the 3rd Wave, letting my teenaged kids play with it.

I've recently decided the soprano does not fit my needs: Scale length is too small, physically and in range (12 frets is too limiting). So, I decided I wanted to play a Concert size. Which resulted in my buying a tenor ("What fates impose, that men must needs abide....").

Though I just retrieved the 3rd Wave and lo and behold...it's a concert size!

Anyone know of 3rd Wave and what happened to them? It's a nice uke in sound and workmanship...though in want of better strings. Plain construction, appears to be mahogany, with ebony fretboard, top binding in tortoise and some etching on the top.

Top Bottom