Gig Bags

Richie Rich

UU+
Reaction score
I am looking for a cool gig bag for my tenor uke... Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Yes...don't.

I've had two different instruments ruined in gig bags: A mandolin that had it's neck snapped (that was one interesting gig!) and a soprano sax where the keys got bent by the gig bag.

If you must have something light and portable, get one of those plastic cases, I got one for my soprano from Bounty Music (I never could understand why Larrivee would sell a top-line soprano and put it in a gig bag!).

Anthony

I'm not a fan of gig bags either. Decent hard cases are available on eBay and even on this website store. There is also a "soft shell" case that seems to be popular, I have one that I got with my Ohana Sopranino from MGM on eBay. It provides good protection and has a Velcro tab that keeps the lid closed (so you don't have to use the zipper each time). My problem is, I'm spending my money on uke's and have nothing left for cases!

I picked this one up at guitar center

576879jpg.jpg

It seems well padded and well constructed.... especially for a $25 bag. This is for a concert uke and I checked the Kaces webite http://www.kaces.com but they didn't list ukulele bags there so I don't know if they have a tenor size. If you like it, you may want to contact them directly at info@kaces.com or 707-765-1500.

Last edited:
Aw man, those mexican gig bags are awesome! I bet they'd fit a uke... but now I'm looking at the Requinto Jarocho and thinking, "Hey! That would be fun to have/play also".

So many cool instruments, so little time...
Cheers,
Skottoman

Top Bottom