I just did it... HF-3 on the way!

BrotherUke

Reaction score
I can't believe that I just did this. A new Kamaka HF-3 Tenor will be in my hands tomorrow.

3694.jpg

Kanaka turned me on to Mandolin Brothers and they were just fantastic to deal with and had a great selection. I was very concerned about buying a high-end instrument like this over the internet but Stan Jay, MB's president went above and beyond to assure me that they were selecting a great instument for me. He played all four of the HF-3's he had in stock and gave me his recommendation. Here is the note he just sent me.

Hi, Steve:

I have played four (4) brand new Kamaka HF3 Tenor ukes (all four were in their cases upstairs in storage and none on display) and have chosen the one that, without a doubt, stands out as being the best. This one is 59-0064, serial number 091127. This was never been touched by any human hands other than our shipping/receiving person and me.

On this one the sound is strong, bold, extremely well focused and contains a crispy clarity while still retaining excellent lower midrange characteristics.

To me there was no comparison.

On THIS ONE alone the sound is rich, powerful and punchy.

This is clearly the ukulele of choice. The Koa wood is lovely, three dimensional with superb color and grain.

Stanley M. Jay, Pres., Mandolin Brothers, Ltd.

I was really happy with this news. When I looked at the pictures on the MB site that was the one that caught my eye. I just loved the grain pattern and how nicely it was matched.

Thanks to everyone here for your support and encouragement. I hope that I can also count on you for food and shelter when my wife throws me out tomorrow!. At least it comes with a case I can open for donations.

Thanks Dom. You and Aldrine played a big part in giving me the confidence to do this because your tabs and videos helped me fall in love with this instrument. My fondest hope is that one day I can make the same beautiful music come out of it that you guys do.

Nice - congrats! I hope the wait is short and its arrival joyful!

Wow! That's a keen-lookin' uke there. Congrats!

Although I guess we all know now not to buy any HF-3s from Mandolin Bros. for a while. Don't want to get stuck with one of those also-rans, ya know! :D

JJ

I suppose that could be said of the last guy that got the best one of the batch before me. Every batch has a winner!

Very nice! Congrats on the purchase and I'm glad you're online experience purchasing a higher end instrument went well.

I told MB about this site and all the positive feedback about them here. I hope they become a sponsor soon.

Top Bottom