Ukes 4 Kids

Myala509

Reaction score
There was a charity program that was started on here awhile ago called Ukes for Kids. From what I have heard it seemed to have died. I would like to keep it going. It had mentioned many great ideas helping kids out in a charitable and in a giving way. One of the things mentioned was helping schools out with music programs.

These are the first Ukes 4 Kids charity fundraiser. Wristbands that have ukuleles on them and say Ukes 4 Kids. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320395778274

THis is my first ebay one of this one so the price is now at 0.99 and might stay there. On the page you can see that it is 100% going to charity. I paid for the wristbands and the shipping out of my pocket.

100% of the cost goes to Save the Music which helps out schools music programs by giving out instructments and grants.

I am very happy with how these turned out. I wear three and I have not taken them off. They are bright but not too bright that they attract too much attention. The little Ukulele design turned out great!
This is just the first step in the Ukes 4 Kids charity life. After this there will be more charities and eventually. This is my hope. Distributing ukuleles personally and making special non profit ukulele kits that help out charities and are a cheap way to get a child into music.

ANyone have anymore ideas or would like to help?

I'd like to buy some, is it only bids or can you make it a "Buy It Now"?

That is cool. I teach a free beginning guitar class for kids periodically. It runs 6 weeks and serves to help parents know if it's worth paying for their kids' lessons, or if they will lose interest. I've had a few to keep at it which makes it worthwhile for me. Here is the blog I set up that has the lessons.

I may have to try something with uke too.

Good going, Myala. Are you doing this in connection with the VH1 Save the Music program? I just looked at their website and it looks interesting.

Last edited:
Not in connection with vh1 but they are already set up to help the way I want to. Until wecan help on a larger scale I thought helping out them would be best while it's still small.

I wanted to make it buy now but eBay want my feedback to be atleast five!

What prices are you guys willing to pay? For buy it now? When I get more feedback.

Thanks for the support everyone!

I was at a kickball tournament and saw a dude playing in the park! He was playing a nice OS and said he goes to this site! I was like cool dude and gave him a bracelet. I had to run because we were in the semifinals of the tournament. I do not remember his name.

Heres another pic of the bracelets.

i27425_1014361.JPG

Last edited:
The bracelet looks awesome!!

I would love to get some... But in another color, like brown, or blue. Do you only have them in that color right now?

I will be getting more colors and different phrases. They will all be for charity too even if they don't say it! I'm thinking the next one will have Uke it Up and have little ukes design on them!

Thanks so much for buying them! I sent you three since you're the first! Please let me know when they come in. Usps said 3 days. I sent them out this morning through standard mail and in a regular envelope. Let me know if it turns out okay.

Thanks again everyone I willhave a buy it now up tonight.

wow....you warned us you were going to do this and you actually folowed thru.....very cool.

Alright two days!!! How was the packaging? Was it okay? Lets see some pics!!!

ANd surprise!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320399963130

Here is the Buy it Now! ANd if you complain about the price you are a cheap bastard! Spare a couple bucks for the kids! Plus ebay will only let me sell them for 5 dollars with GivingWorks.

Last edited:
Happy customer haha!
Picture8.jpg

Packaging was great no problem there.

*Looks at buy it now listing* I'm glad I bid and got 3 :X

Thanks again!

Kickass! You rock dude. You were the first to take a chance and help out!

Last edited:
Second one sold! I will ship it out tomorrow morning. I am looking into new colors and designs. I'll put them up soon.

Thanks for all the input and interest guys!

Woohooo sold two already!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320402885070

Here is a new listing!

I need help with this guys. What direction should I go next with this? I am either going to get more bracelets that say other stuff or sell some Uke bling or charms. I have a friend that makes charms and am talking to him about custom charms.

Which direction should I go next? Thanks for all the interest. Anyone opinions or ideas will help. Also anyone that would like to join this to help it grow and start actually getting ukuleles to children would be appreciated too!

I think charms that you can hang from your uke's tuner peg (like Aldrine's) might get some traction here.

Top Bottom