24 hour online ukulele open mic / jam?

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
okay.. so i was streaming online tonight... live with ustream.. and i had this idea.. it is 1am here in CA.. and i was thinking how we all live in different time zones.. and how i had people in my stream where it was 8am and they were getting up for the day.. and i had others going to bed.. then it hit me

what about hosting a 24 hour openmic/jam/chat/ thing!! do you think we have the people to sustain such a thing.. i know when i go into AG's streams he has 30-60 people all the time.. but he is on Hawaii time.. and i bet if he had the stamana he would have people in the room for 24 hours from all over the world!

so.. this is just a hair brained idea at this point.. i was thinking of using STICKEM?? <--sp? and getting like 24 people to host... 1 hour each.. and getting them from all time zones.. and just having this long chat/openmic/jam ukulele love fest online..

it is late now.. and all i can muster is the basic idea.. but throw out your suggestions..

-we can make shirts (i stayed up all night with the ukulele 24 hour jam)
-we might raise money for charity
-see if we can get people to broadcast from public places

i have no idea.. but 24 host.. 24 hours.. 100s of plaers.. 24 hour JAM!!!

give me some ideas..

if this is stupid.. well.. i will blame it on the hour!

d

I totaly love the idea, it would be very cool!
I would need to save for a webcam thought :p
My video cam can't be hooked up to a computer and tape directly in to it, I have to record first then add it to my PC.

I could invest in a cheap webcam, though I doubt I have much to offer in a stream...

I'm down to fill up an hour.

This is such a great idea. 1 hour per day, right? I play songs for at least that length of time every day. This would rewarding because I'd have to pklay the whole songs, and it would be easy to memorize them. We'd all become way better musicians.

Get it rollin', Dom! (Please :) )

I don't know if I could do an hour daily, but at LEAST once a week I'd be game.

I really, REALLY like this idea.

What's all this about daily? I thought it was just a one-time thing.

Top Bottom