PDA

View Full Version : Should I change my user name?

UkuEroll
07-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I contacted rayan about changing my user name, when I first came on I just picked something quick, not thinking that I would be on here much....How wrong could I have been. He said he would change it for me, but now I don't know if it's a good idea, what do you guys think. I've done a little poll to help me make up my mind. I just think UkuEroll is a bit naff.

ukulele2544
07-10-2009, 01:20 AM
It's up to you.
But IF you change your username then you should post what's your new username so pepole know that it's you.

Ukulele JJ
07-10-2009, 02:02 AM
My answer to your poll depends entirely on what you plan on changing it to. :D

JJ

MangoMon
07-10-2009, 02:09 AM
Ukue rolls are my favorite sushi. I'd keep the name.:biglaugh::

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-10-2009, 02:36 AM
i put change it, because by the sounds of it... its on your mind - and stuff like this stay on your mind for ages...

change it to something you want - because you'll probably stay here for a while and want to have a good name.... just put ur old name in your sig :D

hoosierhiver
07-10-2009, 02:46 AM
Got a new one in mind?

UkuEroll
07-10-2009, 03:13 AM
Got a new one in mind?

I wanted Leroy, but someones got that, even though they only posted 2 messages nearly a year ago, so I was thinking Leroy4bZ as I'm Leroy Forbes, what do you think?

UkeNukem
07-10-2009, 03:44 AM
I like Leroy4bz better, but maybe with two z's. Let's see how they look.

Leroy4bz

Leroy4bzz

Hmmm, I guess one z will do.

UkeNinja
07-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Definitely change it. Your user name has had me worried from the beginning, and it keeps me awake now and then. Or if I sleep well, in the early morning I will have this nightmare with big mirrored letters UKU EROLL UKU EROLL UKU EROLL and twins in long hallways and an old lady in a bath.

Then comes the guy with the axe...

P-Uker
07-10-2009, 04:21 AM
I contacted rayan about changing my user name, when I first came on I just picked something quick

I did the same thing and didn't realize until the next day that my user name sounds like puke (the P is my first name initial). I figured I was stuck being vomit man.

seeso
07-10-2009, 04:30 AM
I vote change it.

I did the same thing and didn't realize until the next day that my user name sounds like puke (the P is my first name initial). I figured I was stuck being vomit man.

What, you mean it's not supposed to be "puker?" :D

uke552
07-10-2009, 04:40 AM
Definitely change it. Your user name has had me worried from the beginning, and it keeps me awake now and then. Or if I sleep well, in the early morning I will have this nightmare with big mirrored letters UKU EROLL UKU EROLL UKU EROLL and twins in long hallways and an old lady in a bath.

:biglaugh:
...all work and no uke makes Jack a dull boy...

bbycrts
07-10-2009, 05:40 AM

Herrreee's Johnny!

One of the weirdest posts I've read in a long time...and I think I understood most if not all of it...

I vote change it, I guess - though I've come to know you a bit as UkuEroll, so I'll have to adapt to a new name...poor me! I do really like Leroy4bz, though.

bbycrts
07-10-2009, 05:41 AM

Hahaha! I thought it was supposed to be the double meaning - P-Uker, and puker!

Bratset
07-10-2009, 05:43 AM

hahah!! :shaka:

russ_buss
07-10-2009, 05:50 AM

LOLzzzz!!!

oh and i voted "No".

josuegroundhog
07-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Me likes it nowzz

Lori
07-10-2009, 08:34 AM
If you do change it, keep your avatar the same for awhile, so people will know it's you.

–Lori

Ahnko Honu
07-10-2009, 08:56 AM
How about UkuleLeroy? :D

Ahnko Honu
07-10-2009, 08:57 AM
If you do change it, keep your avatar the same for awhile, so people will know it's you.

–Lori

Amen, I hate guys that change their avatar every other week. :D

vahn
07-10-2009, 09:57 AM

I like that. Or UkeleLeroy4bz

UkuEroll
07-10-2009, 10:56 AM

That's even worse than what I've got now, trying to steer away from the Uku bit.

Ahnko Honu
07-10-2009, 10:58 AM
That's even worse than what I've got now, trying to steer away from the Uku bit.

Okay, how about JumpingFleaRoy!

UkuEroll
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Okay, how about JumpingFleaRoy!

That made me laugh, but I can't do the ten finger roll;)

UkuleleHill
07-10-2009, 08:59 PM
OK I voted no... But then I saw the Leroy4bz... and I thought that was fun... SO my vote it really up in the air.

AnnaUK
07-11-2009, 02:21 AM
I like the Leroy4bz idea.

I must apologise, because I hadn't worked out your name was Leroy - ooops. Ha ha.

I agree with the other comments, put your old name in your signature for a bit :)

pebbleInDaPacific
07-11-2009, 09:22 AM
haha, after everyone responding to this thread, I think you should keep you name since everyone will know your name now! I'm kinda thinking of shortening mine too. :D

Ahnko Honu
07-11-2009, 09:27 AM
haha, after everyone responding to this thread, I think you should keep you name since everyone will know your name now! I'm kinda thinking of shortening mine too. :D

How about pebbleInDaPacificNorthWest? Oh wait, that's longer. :rolleyes: I know PIDP! :D

Ukuleleblues
07-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I waz up all night pondering this, just could not sleep, change, don't change, change, don't change, I was in a kind a semi coma, perspiration dripping from my forehead, hallicinations of wild and exotic names swirling around, dancing, breaking apart and reforming. Then I woke up in a lurch when the cat jumped on my crotch and started speaking in a sing song voice; Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow....and it hit me, you have to change it...now is the time. My best advice is to stay away from anything that you can be tracked down with, cause THEY will.....

UkuEroll
07-11-2009, 10:35 AM
I waz up all night pondering this, just could not sleep, change, don't change, change, don't change, I was in a kind a semi coma, perspiration dripping from my forehead, hallicinations of wild and exotic names swirling around, dancing, breaking apart and reforming. Then I woke up in a lurch when the cat jumped on my crotch and started speaking in a sing song voice; Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow....and it hit me, you have to change it...now is the time. My best advice is to stay away from anything that you can be tracked down with, cause THEY will.....

Wow....never expected to cause such Mayhem:smileybounce:

thejumpingflea
07-11-2009, 11:15 AM
I say keep it.

nikolo727
07-11-2009, 11:41 AM
i put change it just because you should just do what you want with it. It represents you here on UU and it should make you happy. Im going to change my xbox username from carnage727 too ukulele_carnage, just for snitz and gigs. do what feels right.

Ukuleleblues
07-11-2009, 12:25 PM
This sort of reminds me of a story. Had a young fellow apply for a job as a programmer at work. I think he was looking for his first job out of college. He had his e-mail listed on his resume as Death666@something. I didn't care (as long as he could do the job) but I felt sorry for him cause he really limited himself with that address with some of the other folks on the hiring team.

But on UU you should go with something that you like, even it is ends up being Death666.

UkuEroll
07-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for all your input folks, I've made a decision,even though the vote went
( 24 keep, 18 change), I'm hoping to change it to Leroy4bz.

ukulele2544
07-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I don't see anything wrong with your current username...