Aotearoa Ukulele Logo Contest

Aotearoa-Strummer

Reaction score
Hi, I am opening a shop 100% dedicated to things ukulele one of my problems though is branding. I can't afford to hire a PR company to come up with a logo so I thought why not have a competion on UU.

To that end here it goes. Your mission is to come up with a logo for my shop. It must include the words Aotearoa Ukulele(thats the name of the shop) and have a bit of a Maori/NZ flavour to it.

I need 2 logos one main logo for the shop signs etc and a smaller different one maybe without the words or with them for like web badges and pamphlets etc.

Colours and layout up to you!

And the PRIZE, PRIZE, PRIZE.....

An 8 string tenor scale Tahitian ukulele 100% Free incl. free postage anywhere in the world.

So there ya go. Easy as 123.:shaka:

Sounds fun. I'll see if I can come up with something.

Is there a deadline? Or just kinda whenever you find the right one? Not that a logo usually takes a very long time once you get a good idea, but a good idea isn't always easy to come up with on command.

Wow, that is a great prize! :shaka:

Aha finally a contest that doesn't require video recording hardware. :shaka:

this is my simple mock-up (just made it in the last 15 mins):

Attachments

• ukulele logo thing2.jpg
    ukulele logo thing2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 90
  • ukulele logo thing.jpg
    ukulele logo thing.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 77
Cool contest

well.. i drew this 1 off the top of my head... except for the fern, that came from an image i found on the net when i wanted that tattoo'd on my chest...

so here it is... and now that i look at it - i think im going to do a computer one because it doesnt look at good manually.

heres the link tamaaa

as003.jpg

Last edited:
This is my submission, done by hand as a first draft. If you like mine i can do it in variations of colour and size and perfect it. I could also get it put into a digital format as my friend is a graphic designer.

Hope you like!

Attachments

• AU.jpg
    AU.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 82
I'm interested

How do you pronounce the name? It would be helpful in case I want to do something to the name that makes it easier to remember. Can you break it into syllables?

–Lori

Top Bottom