PDA

View Full Version : Aotearoa Ukulele Logo Contest

Aotearoa-Strummer
07-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi, I am opening a shop 100% dedicated to things ukulele one of my problems though is branding. I can't afford to hire a PR company to come up with a logo so I thought why not have a competion on UU.

To that end here it goes. Your mission is to come up with a logo for my shop. It must include the words Aotearoa Ukulele(thats the name of the shop) and have a bit of a Maori/NZ flavour to it.

I need 2 logos one main logo for the shop signs etc and a smaller different one maybe without the words or with them for like web badges and pamphlets etc.

Colours and layout up to you!

And the PRIZE, PRIZE, PRIZE.....

An 8 string tenor scale Tahitian ukulele 100% Free incl. free postage anywhere in the world.

So there ya go. Easy as 123.:shaka:

Fizzypidgen
07-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Consider it done!

Carmoil
07-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Sounds fun. I'll see if I can come up with something.

Is there a deadline? Or just kinda whenever you find the right one? Not that a logo usually takes a very long time once you get a good idea, but a good idea isn't always easy to come up with on command.

seeso
07-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow, that is a great prize! :shaka:

Ahnko Honu
07-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Aha finally a contest that doesn't require video recording hardware. :shaka:

Ben-jamming
07-11-2009, 12:36 AM
i'm on it! :old:

[::]
||
( O )
(_--_)

[this is not it]

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2009, 01:15 AM
^ hahahaha

yeah bruh.. finally!!! i like this contest heaps..!!

Ben-jamming
07-11-2009, 01:23 AM
this is my simple mock-up (just made it in the last 15 mins):

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2009, 02:06 AM
do u know what the maori writing says??

wow, 15mins. i might aswell throw wat im doing out.. :D

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2009, 02:08 AM
cause yeah, i think im going a bit too hard out on the whole maori/kiwi flavour..

CookieDispenser
07-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Sounds cool! i'm on it right now:shaka:

Bratset
07-11-2009, 02:23 AM
Cool contest

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2009, 03:30 AM
well.. i drew this 1 off the top of my head... except for the fern, that came from an image i found on the net when i wanted that tattoo'd on my chest...

so here it is... and now that i look at it - i think im going to do a computer one because it doesnt look at good manually.

heres the link tamaaa

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/lolploppoo/as003.jpg

Bratset
07-11-2009, 03:33 AM
:eek:
Cool one UkuLeLesReggAe!
What can I call you btw? :p

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2009, 03:35 AM
thanks

and call me Matt, and you??

Bratset
07-11-2009, 03:37 AM
thanks

and call me Matt, and you??

Ole, or Bratset if you ant :p
Bratset is my last name and Ole my first name :)

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2009, 03:44 AM
hahaha wazzup Ole..

ukerazy
07-11-2009, 05:54 AM
This is my submission, done by hand as a first draft. If you like mine i can do it in variations of colour and size and perfect it. I could also get it put into a digital format as my friend is a graphic designer.

Hope you like!

Lori
07-11-2009, 06:19 AM
How do you pronounce the name? It would be helpful in case I want to do something to the name that makes it easier to remember. Can you break it into syllables?

–Lori

Toucan Mango
07-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Great contest, with all the talent here at UU it should be interesting..When does this contest end?

Amy
07-11-2009, 07:30 AM
http://knitty.com/blog/images/aotearoa.jpg

Okay, here are four different type treatments of a compact logo based on the hei matau symbol (which I love). This one could go on everything from business cards to t-shirts. To expand it into a shop sign would be easier (it's easier for me to start small than to start big and try to cram stuff in a tiny space).

These typefaces are just examples of what you could do. Script doesn't work well in this configuration, but almost anything else could. I can also tweak/fine-tune the shape of the hook in any way you'd like.

(One thing I like about this is that the hook is also shaped like a ukulele. It's given me ideas for a larger version for the sign.)

Thanks for the break from my usual work. I love a little Illustrator break in the middle of the day.

UkuBerry
07-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Hello,

Here is my design, i am new to the UU and really like the look of this competition so i made a large sign and a logo.

look for to sending some more posts on the UU.

Emma

houghty
07-11-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm working on one, but its going to take me a while, as I've got a number of different steps. Can you give a deadline for this so I know what sort of timeframe I'm working with?

reapefer
07-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Here's my modest contribution. Good luck

specialmike
07-11-2009, 05:53 PM
my first entry, might have some more creative ideas... in the morning :)

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu75/mhu09/au.jpg

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2009, 06:27 PM
somebody ask'd to pronounce it...

you say it like

Ow-tear-Ro

ow, as in ouch, ow... i duno how to spell it haha
tear, as in... you tear a piece of paper...
Ro - as in row, like row a boat. hahaha

AmmyBabyx3
07-11-2009, 06:45 PM
This sounds awesome! I could so do this. Is there a deadline?

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2009, 06:58 PM
updateeeee... apparently there is no deadline
he doesn't log in much, so im guessing next time he logs in will prob be enough time for 20 pages of entrys :D

rongo

Lori
07-11-2009, 07:47 PM
somebody ask'd to pronounce it...

you say it like

Ow-tear-Ro

ow, as in ouch, ow... i duno how to spell it haha
tear, as in... you tear a piece of paper...
Ro - as in row, like row a boat. hahaha
Thanks, that's very helpful!

–Lori

BBcakes
07-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I pronounce it like ao te a roa. I kinda roll the "r"..is that correct?

ow-te-ah-ro-ah

reapefer
07-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Just changed the font

Patbot
07-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Here are my designs!

They are just roughs and the finished pieces will look much better
so if you want to see them traced and vectored
just let me know. ;)

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs191.snc1/6412_127158500148_511585148_3464910_7386755_n.jpg

-Pat

whetu
07-12-2009, 12:06 AM

ow-te-ah-ro-ah

That's correct. Though the first bit has a leading "ah" sound to it. It's not quite "ow" but very close by contracting "ah-oh" very tightly. Like Chairman Mao (so long as you don't pronounce that as 'mayo' ;) )

You can hear it referenced in some of our reggae, dub and hip/hop songs e.g.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntFU6BWkro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aotearoa for more

Amy
07-12-2009, 04:01 AM
That's gorgeous!!

Here are my designs!

just let me know. ;)

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs191.snc1/6412_127158500148_511585148_3464910_7386755_n.jpg

-Pat

IamRobbyah
07-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I definately stand behind Amy's entry so far -- nice and simple!

Ole, best of luck with the shop! I'm gonna see if I can get some graphic designer friends to help me with a logo. I've wanted a tahitian uke for years!!! So if I dont win the contest, at least now I know where to look.

Great incentive - very deach-like.

Again, I wish you all the luck and prosperity with your shop. Post up some pics and progress of it once it gets underway.

mrUKETOBER
07-12-2009, 11:09 AM
i really like patbot's designs ! very nice ! i wish i could draw id enter lol

HaileISela
07-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Here are my designs!

just let me know. ;)

-Pat

Wow !

ukeshale
07-12-2009, 12:59 PM
great competition and already some great entries :shaka:

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-12-2009, 05:06 PM

ow-te-ah-ro-ah

ow-te-ah-ro-ah...

the way u wud say that is too slow, its gotta be like. ow-tea-Roa.. and u dont say "ah' at the end...just row. unless ur pakeha

and yeh, roll the r

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItNE3SHr6eY&feature=fvst

around 10seconds, he says aotearoa

specialmike
07-12-2009, 05:13 PM
one is a title. the other is simple logo.

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
i forgot to do a logo... haha

moosenamedmorton
07-13-2009, 03:19 AM
How do we get them to you?

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-13-2009, 04:37 AM
^ who u asking??

post your entry here i guess is what ur asking

houghty
07-13-2009, 10:38 AM
I just whipped this together. I haven't had any time to really put any work into anything, so its just a quick idea, I guess. It's a kiwi!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9505/20090713151533.jpg

Matt

whetu
07-13-2009, 12:30 PM
ow-te-ah-ro-ah...

the way u wud say that is too slow, its gotta be like. ow-tea-Roa.. and u dont say "ah' at the end...just row. unless ur pakeha

and yeh, roll the r

Either your phonetics sucks or you've been in Australia too long and the nasally twangy western isle accent is taking over :p either way, you're doing it wrong. Listen to the NZ anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An5Hyoq-lXQ), it's broken down:

ah-oh-tay-ah-ro-ah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ToGR1Sb98)

When you say it normally the vowels contract into different sounds, but there's still an "ah" at the start and an "ah" at the end. Even if you listen to the link you provided, it's there :) It certainly does not end with "row", if that were the case, the word would be Aotearo. I linked to the wikipedia page for Aotearoa earlier, it links to this file (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/En-nz-aotearoa.ogg), which, while wrong in that it uses a soft 'R' sound (making 'roa' sound like 'rower'), is a lot more accurate than the advice you've been giving.

But what would I know, I just happen to be a Maori who lives in Aotearoa :rolleyes:

whetu
07-13-2009, 01:38 PM
ok, a couple of rough ideas based on the koru to represent either strings, pegs or both.

This admittedly uses the Air New Zealand logo as a parts donor, so some modification is required - maybe a black, red and white colour scheme (as is typical for a lot of maori koru patterns)

For others to have a fair idea to base from, here's an example:
http://newmediadesign.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/kowhaiwhai.jpg

An alternative is the Walter's Koru, e.g:
http://nzflag.com/designs_smythe.cfm

Maybe the Southern Cross constellation that we Anzacs hold so dear is also something to go from. Look up Kiwiana for more ideas.

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Either your phonetics sucks or you've been in Australia too long and the nasally twangy western isle accent is taking over :p either way, you're doing it wrong. Listen to the NZ anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An5Hyoq-lXQ), it's broken down:

ah-oh-tay-ah-ro-ah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ToGR1Sb98)

When you say it normally the vowels contract into different sounds, but there's still an "ah" at the start and an "ah" at the end. Even if you listen to the link you provided, it's there :) It certainly does not end with "row", if that were the case, the word would be Aotearo. I linked to the wikipedia page for Aotearoa earlier, it links to this file (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/En-nz-aotearoa.ogg), which, while wrong in that it uses a soft 'R' sound (making 'roa' sound like 'rower'), is a lot more accurate than the advice you've been giving.

But what would I know, I just happen to be a Maori who lives in Aotearoa :rolleyes:

i dont care if u were the knig of new zealand.. 100% maori . Doesn't mean anything.

listen to the maori's that sing think twice, there is no "ah" at the end lol. And i've lived in australia for like 11 years. and im 18, of course i have an aussie accent lmao. but i know when im right :D

what r u on about, he says it at 10seconds. he says ow-tea-row allstars.. not ow-tea-rah

my house probably speaks more maori than yours.. and it never comes off as "ah"..

but what would i know, my dads only been teaching it for 22 years.

i guess its the way u say it, because you obviously are going to be stubbern(sp?) and not listen to anyone, and continue thinking your right, and make a big issue lmao... even with all your links, going to great extents to prove something....

and if u break it down, it is ow-tea-row-ah... but when u say it, its ow-tea-ro...

but its exactly! like australia. everyone in sydney says -aw-stral - ya... when if u break if down... its aw-stray-lia. point proven or wat?

Hankthetank
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't know how you pronounce it, but on another subject related to NZ and Maori tradition, I found this when I clicked on the link for the NZ National Anthem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHW1K2LeQXE&feature=related

Awesome.

Also, on another note. I think the Koru is an apropo symbol for you logo as I believe it symbolizes new life, and growth. :shaka:

IamRobbyah
07-13-2009, 06:14 PM
i dont care if u were the king of new zealand.. 100% maori . Doesn't mean anything.

Keep it friendly cuz cuz. It'd be a shame if this forum turned into a trashtalking, keyboard racing site like so many others have. There are plenty of deaches among us, but all it takes is one member to bring UU to its demise.

Debate is a good thing, but lets not put another down.

Lets get this thread back on track! :shaka:

whetu
07-13-2009, 06:14 PM
:words:

Think what you like, but you're wrong and you're giving bad advice. The fact of the matter is this: Success in pronounciation of Maori words hinges on your mastery of the vowel sounds and your mastery of the 'ng' and 'wh' sounds. Unfortunately you have demonstrated neither, and by using the very wrong (and almost insulting) term "maori's" you have only proven to me that you don't have the level of understanding that you think you do. You don't even demonstrate a good handle on English.

Please, stop dishing out bad advice. If you want to be blissfully wrong, fine, go ahead and be wrong. Just don't teach others your bad pronounciation habits, and please stop dragging this thread off course.

So let's stop this here, ok?

IamRobbyah
07-13-2009, 06:18 PM

werd

:shaka:

seeso
07-13-2009, 06:31 PM
C'mon, guys this is a contest thread. If you guys want to flame each other, do it through PM's. That's enough.

Patbot
07-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey, I think that logo I made before is a little too complicated to be a logo... lol
I was trying to make it resemble a Maori tat so i guess it'll be better off as a tattoo.
Here is another logo I did up after I read HanktheTank's comment about the Koru. Thanks for the inspiration ;)
It's a koru in a uke :)
Wasn't sure which logo to pick so I put both up there.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs191.snc1/6412_128005870148_511585148_3486198_5621248_n.jpg

Thanks,
-Pat

whetu
07-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey Pat - I like it! Let me do some hackery for you...

Dino
07-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Did I miss it? But what is the deadline for this?

Patbot
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks Whetu, but whatcha mean by hackery?

It's still on Dino

whetu
07-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks Whetu, but whatcha mean by hackery?

It's still on Dino

Sorry, I meant I'd take your image and expand on it - by hacking it. Here we go:

Not as high qual as I would have otherwise done, but I'm on my laptop at the moment - trackpad pixel shooting is tricky :(

(btw, feel free to claim that and tidy it up. While I would like to win, I feel I have an unfair advantage in knowing maori/kiwi culture etc)

Patbot
07-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry, I meant I'd take your image and expand on it - by hacking it. Here we go:

Not as high qual as I would have otherwise done, but I'm on my laptop at the moment - trackpad pixel shooting is tricky :(

(btw, feel free to claim that and tidy it up. While I would like to win, I feel I have an unfair advantage in knowing maori/kiwi culture etc)

Damn whetu.. that looks great!
the red really gives it that awesomeness and I now realize those are the flag colors after googling it lol.
I am going in to this starting from scratch but hey I love a challenge.:)
I'll trace it and post it up for you later.;)

mrUKETOBER
07-13-2009, 09:08 PM
well damn patbot i might get your first entry as a tat lol

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-14-2009, 02:19 AM

maori/kiwi culture didnt stop me :D but yeh that does look good.

for all those wondering, its the maori flag colours

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-14-2009, 02:21 AM
Keep it friendly cuz cuz. It'd be a shame if this forum turned into a trashtalking, keyboard racing site like so many others have. There are plenty of deaches among us, but all it takes is one member to bring UU to its demise.

Debate is a good thing, but lets not put another down.

Lets get this thread back on track! :shaka:

cool of u to point out my typo's in bold font.

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Think what you like, but you're wrong and you're giving bad advice. The fact of the matter is this: Success in pronounciation of Maori words hinges on your mastery of the vowel sounds and your mastery of the 'ng' and 'wh' sounds. Unfortunately you have demonstrated neither, and by using the very wrong (and almost insulting) term "maori's" you have only proven to me that you don't have the level of understanding that you think you do. You don't even demonstrate a good handle on English.

Please, stop dishing out bad advice. If you want to be blissfully wrong, fine, go ahead and be wrong. Just don't teach others your bad pronounciation habits, and please stop dragging this thread off course.

nice... say what u want then "lets stop it here". u think ur right, i know im right. so we'll leave it at this.

sorry to disturb this thread

deach
07-14-2009, 02:27 AM

I love this.

HaileISela
07-14-2009, 03:25 AM
nice... say what u want then "lets stop it here". u think ur right, i know im right. so we'll leave it at this.

why do the threads always get strange about pronounciation?

My name is Hi-lay-I-Say-la^^

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-14-2009, 03:47 AM
ooku-le-les-reg-ay

also youkulaylesreggay.. depends how u pronounce it

schuermurrman
07-14-2009, 03:56 AM
Shall no find family members and friends with artistic abbilites and drag them into this for my greed of ukes!!! Muahahaha...what ever brings family and friends closer right??

:)

Amy
07-14-2009, 07:00 AM
is it weird that the original poster of this contest hasn't popped by to give us some feedback, encouragement, raspberries? is it usual for the contest host to go missing?

:confused:

Nate95
07-14-2009, 07:40 AM
So how long do we have left? Like a week? Month?

ukerazy
07-14-2009, 07:45 AM
is it weird that the original poster of this contest hasn't popped by to give us some feedback, encouragement, raspberries? is it usual for the contest host to go missing?

He might have seen them and run for the hills, Ukulele prize in tow! lol

seeso
07-14-2009, 07:49 AM

Normally, I'd say it's weird but the original poster doesn't usually visit much. He'll be back soon.

BBcakes
07-14-2009, 07:52 AM

Dang, enough already! Like Seeso said, take it up in PM.

Patbot
07-14-2009, 08:19 AM
well damn patbot i might get your first entry as a tat lol
I was thinking the same thing haha. Let's tat it up!

I did it up whetu, tell me what you think.
The ones on the left have a koru for a soundhole. And if you look at them horizontally it looks like a wave:D

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/logolineup.jpg?t=1247595212

-Pat

BBcakes
07-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Patbot, I'm digging the red/black/white ones.. both of 'em!

seeso
07-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Wow, those are awesome, Patbot!

Melissa82
07-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I was thinking the same thing haha. Let's tat it up!

The ones on the left have a koru for a soundhole. And if you look at them horizontally it looks like a wave:D

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/logolineup.jpg?t=1247595212

-PatWow, impressive!

cpatch
07-14-2009, 10:14 AM

Wow...whether you win or not I want one of the first two on a t-shirt (I'm a NZ ex-pat)!

BTW, the third one wins the award for most, how should I put it...suggestive?! :eek:

Lori
07-14-2009, 10:37 AM

-Pat

I like the first two best, so far. #1 has more of a ukulele feel, since the vertical sweeps are in the same direction as the strings. #2 is more dynamic, and has a ying yang symmetry to it. I am partial to the blue green color scheme (I always like that combo), but the red/ black is nice too. Blue/ green is more like the beach and Red/ black more tribal feeling (for me far away in Los Angeles).

Simple is good, because it will stay strong even when it has to be smaller for a business card, newspaper ad, or web ad.

–Lori

whetu
07-14-2009, 11:21 AM

(removed image because it's already been quoted like half a dozen times :) )

-Pat

Pat, I salute you! And I'm with cpatch - I want a t-shirt! :D

how about a mix of the third and fourth: koru on the same angle as the blue/green, but with the black and red scheme? I think that would be about bang on - it's closer to 50/50 of both colours :)

edit: in retrospect, I'm also digging on the second one, great work Pat

mrUKETOBER
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
hell yea pat ! lol if you can come up with a cool tat like that id so get it lol !!!

and i agree i want a shirt also lolol ! i really like the first 2

Hankthetank
07-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Pat, I salute you! And I'm with cpatch - I want a t-shirt! :D

how about a mix of the third and fourth: koru on the same angle as the blue/green, but with the black and red scheme? I think that would be about bang on - it's closer to 50/50 of both colours :)

edit: in retrospect, I'm also digging on the second one, great work Pat

Sign me up for a tshirt too :shaka:

I love the one on the far left. As for the contest, I would be curious to see a design where you would meld Patbot's and Whetu's designs by adding the neck and headstock with more koru as the tuning pegs. But so far, those designs look amazing.

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
i like the middle 2 the best, but they all good...

mrUKETOBER
07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
i seriously want that headstock or something similar to it as a tat lol

marvtobi
07-15-2009, 05:07 AM
Heres a little thing i doodled up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/jumi2/aotearoa2.jpg

Theres more of it, but i need to work a bit more on it.

ukerazy
07-15-2009, 05:59 AM
These are the digital versions based on the hand drawn original designs i posted earlier in the thread.

They have been made in a format that can be enlarged up to shop sign size without a problem.

Hope you like them, i especially like the one with the Maori feel.

Nate95
07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Here's my entry. the original is an SVG file so it can be blown up to any size.
This is my first entry into any ukulele underground contest! Have a cup cake to celebrate.

Patbot
07-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it.
Sure whetu, I'll put up 2 rows of the same logos with the certain color scheme for each row later on so you can get a feel for them individually.
But on another note, I vote for a t-shirt of those too now that you guys mention it!

-Pat

mrUKETOBER
07-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it.
Sure whetu, I'll put up 2 rows of the same logos with the certain color scheme for each row later on so you can get a feel for them individually.
But on another note, I vote for a t-shirt of those too now that you guys mention it!

-Pat

ok well in that case my address is....

send it there

marvtobi
07-16-2009, 04:38 AM
I had a look at more maori symbols and did another one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/jumi2/ao3.jpg

Melissa82
07-16-2009, 04:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/jumi2/ao3.jpgI really like that but I hope you don't mind if I give you some constructive criticism. If you are going to use a busy patterns like the one that is on the Uke, maybe make your typeface a bit simpler for the business name, or vice versa. The swirly A just kinda gets lost int he uke pattern but I really like the idea behind the logo.

marvtobi
07-16-2009, 06:22 AM
:) No offence taken, i had the same idea and am working on the pattern and style a bit to get it clearer.

ukerazy
07-16-2009, 06:51 AM

Very similar to my design just with the ukulele flipped, I like it though!

marvtobi
07-16-2009, 07:20 AM
I like yours too, it has a earthy feeling to it.
I really just tried to get ukulele and the maori symbols a bit together.

a bit cleaned up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/jumi2/ao8sm.jpg

and in wee small:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/jumi2/aoasmall.jpg

mrUKETOBER
07-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I really like that but I hope you don't mind if I give you some constructive criticism. If you are going to use a busy patterns like the one that is on the Uke, maybe make your typeface a bit simpler for the business name, or vice versa. The swirly A just kinda gets lost int he uke pattern but I really like the idea behind the logo.

maybe have the pattern thats on the uke just on the fingerboard and make it look like inlays.. i think it would look cool .. but thats just me

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-16-2009, 05:09 PM
I like yours too, it has a earthy feeling to it.
I really just tried to get ukulele and the maori symbols a bit together.

a bit cleaned up.

and in wee small:

i like this 1, this is the maori pattern :D

mrUKETOBER
07-16-2009, 06:00 PM
id like it better with the designs on the fretboard.. it looks cluttered to me .. but thats just me

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-17-2009, 02:59 AM
never seen a maori tattoo?? look at mine, thats what u call "maori flavor"

Nate95
07-17-2009, 06:58 AM
http://knitty.com/blog/images/aotearoa.jpg

Okay, here are four different type treatments of a compact logo based on the hei matau symbol (which I love). This one could go on everything from business cards to t-shirts. To expand it into a shop sign would be easier (it's easier for me to start small than to start big and try to cram stuff in a tiny space).

These typefaces are just examples of what you could do. Script doesn't work well in this configuration, but almost anything else could. I can also tweak/fine-tune the shape of the hook in any way you'd like.

(One thing I like about this is that the hook is also shaped like a ukulele. It's given me ideas for a larger version for the sign.)

Thanks for the break from my usual work. I love a little Illustrator break in the middle of the day.

top right's my favorite :D

DogBisquit
07-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Oh great, now you've got me thinking about it...

I'll have to mull this one over this weekend.

marvtobi
07-17-2009, 12:12 PM
:) In the end i can really change it around as needed, colors, patterns etc, these are just sugestions. I tried to balance readability and keep it interesting.
I think for a logo it should have not to complicated patterns, sure i could make the fretboard look like abalone with maori pattern, but does that look good in blackwhite on a briefheader, i guess it would only look like dirt. I am happy you like it. :D

Patbot
07-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Aotearoa-Strummer where art thou?!

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-18-2009, 07:01 PM
haha, art thou, reminds me of spngebob

mrUKETOBER
07-18-2009, 07:45 PM
i think it would

houghty
07-18-2009, 07:46 PM
haha, art thou, reminds me of spngebob

I never thought I'd see the day when Spongebob surpasses Shakespeare as a cultural reference-point.

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-18-2009, 11:29 PM
he says it in spongebob once haha... pretty sad that i know that actually.

Amy
07-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Oh, sigh.

I was hoping our contest initiator would return, but no such luck. I did find an e-mail address for him on the Fleamarket forum, and wrote a friendly note, but that was a week ago and no sign of a visit from him. :confused:

Well, I still think the logos we all did kick ass! I just wonder if there's a way to be sure the contest holder isn't going to lose interest before everyone goes to the trouble of creating lovely things.

[Don't mean to imply that UU should do something official, esp since this seems to be a rare situation; just wondering what users could do on their own.]

DogBisquit
07-24-2009, 06:59 AM
I know...

I got excited when I saw this thread active again.

At least it got me sitting down with the sketchbook again (had been a while), and I learned about Maori and Aotearoa art and culture!

Since my comps were of the pencil and paper variety I have to scan them to post 'em. Maybe after this weekend.

marvtobi
07-24-2009, 01:27 PM
:) I had a lot fun doing the stuff, thats why i made it in the first place. learned a bit about the maori and some programs so its fine i guess...

Nate95
07-24-2009, 05:04 PM
:) I had a lot fun doing the stuff, thats why i made it in the first place. learned a bit about the maori and some programs so its fine i guess...

agree 100%

evanL777
07-24-2009, 05:18 PM
I attached my submission

evanL777
07-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Sorry, it came out really really small te first time

evanL777
07-24-2009, 07:25 PM
This would be a sweet tshirt or business card design. Its simple but it really catches the eye, in my opinion. It has a laid back, cool feelin' to it. It makes me think of a cool/chill local music shop.

jontom
07-26-2009, 06:26 AM
I've been a designer for quite a bit so.. here's my two cents :)

I've played a bit with the name.. AoTEARoa clearly reminded me of a tear so I decided to go with a minimal logo easier to print out even B/W. Also this might match with an effective slogan around breathtaking ukuleles... something about "ukuleles touching your feelings". Next, I carved out the sound hole inside the drop :D
The second mockup is basically the same thing with a flower on the background calling the "ocean" blue outside the hole.

I might come out with a third one, drawing four black strings over the hole.
Obviously this might be printed in several color palettes, I decided to show yout the black one for not compromising the client's perspective :D

HERE YOU GO!

http://www.jontom.net/various/aotearoa01.jpg

ukerazy
07-26-2009, 06:30 AM
I've been a designer for quite a bit so.. here's my two cents :)

I've played a bit with the name.. AoTEARoa clearly reminded me of a tear so I decided to go with a minimal logo easier to print out even B/W. Also this might match with an effective slogan around breathtaking ukuleles... something about "ukuleles touching your feelings". Next, I carved out the sound hole inside the drop :D
The second mockup is basically the same thing with a flower on the background calling the "ocean" blue outside the hole.

I might come out with a third one, drawing four black strings over the hole.
Obviously this might be printed in several color palettes, I decided to show yout the black one for not compromising the client's perspective :D

HERE YOU GO!

Excellent!

Lori
07-26-2009, 07:47 AM
I looked up Aotearoa in wikipedia and got this info:
Placenames are often difficult to translate, and the original derivation of Aotearoa is not known for certain. Many meanings have been given for the name. The word can be broken up as: aotea = cloud, and roa = long, (white being added in the translation as it is the most common colour of cloud) and it is accordingly most often glossed as "The land of the long white cloud". Or Aotearoa can also be broken up as: aotea and roa or ao tea and roa. Aotea = could also be the name of one of the canoes of the great migration, the great Magellan cloud near the bright star Canopus in summer, a bird or a food; ao = cloud, dawn, daytime, or world; tea = white or clear, perhaps bright; roa = long or tall. A mythological story or historical fiction offers a good picture of how the name was given or something of the ideas which motivated it. In some traditional stories, Aotearoa was the name of the canoe of the explorer Kupe, and he named the land after it.

So my idea would to do either a long white cloud on the ocean or a canoe in the style of illustrator Rockwell Kent (Moby Dick).

I don't have the time to do one, especially since the original poster hasn't checked in. But, it would be pretty cool I think if someone wants to try it.
–Lori

Jim X-S
07-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Just came across this thread with no thoughts of entering. But I did want to say how impressed I am with the talent of so many folks participating in this thread.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

whetu
07-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I looked up Aotearoa in wikipedia and got this info:
:wikipedia stuff:

So my idea would to do either a long white cloud on the ocean or a canoe in the style of illustrator Rockwell Kent (Moby Dick).

I don't have the time to do one, especially since the original poster hasn't checked in. But, it would be pretty cool I think if someone wants to try it.
–Lori

great initiative! Couple of hints from the inside though:

Land of the long white cloud is the commonly accepted translation.

As for canoe, you'll be wanting to look up "waka" and maybe "waka ama"

good luck

intaglio
07-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey everyone! I came across this site while researching for a tenor uke, and stumbled across this contest. Looked like fun so I thought I'd give it a shot.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/intag1io/aotearoa.jpg

IamRobbyah
07-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey everyone! I came across this site while researching for a tenor uke, and stumbled across this contest. Looked like fun so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Welcom intaglio. Hope you stick around and offer more to this community!

jontom
07-26-2009, 01:40 PM
here's another shot:

http://www.jontom.net/various/aotearoa02.jpg

Aotearoa-Strummer
07-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Kia Ora All,

Sorry for the lack of contact I haven't been on UU for a while. I hope you will understand, my father was in Car accident a few weeks back here in NZ and he is currently in a coma(induced) in Chrischurch hospital so I have been a little pre-occupied with that for the last 3 weeks. I haven't even had a chance to look at any of the entries and the shop was supposed to open in a month but that is on hold too.

I will start looking at the entires now and the contest will close on Sunday the 2nd of August(NZ time)

Once again I apologise and thanks sesso for the reminder email, I completely forgot.

Chris.

Aotearoa-Strummer
07-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi All,

I just had a quick look through the thread and the logos are awesome! I also had a read of some of the posts and noticed that no-one got angry or upset for me not logging back in just a nice "Aotearoa-Strummer where art thou" every now and then. Thanks for keeping the faith!

And I have got my job cut out for me here!

seeso
07-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Aotearoa-Strummer, all positivity to your father. May he have a speedy recovery.

I think the first thing to do with this contest is to announce a due date.

Aotearoa-Strummer
07-26-2009, 06:36 PM
By due date do you mean a closing date? or a date when I will pick a winner if you mean the former I set a end date in post #121 if you mean the latter then it would most probably be by the following Sunday.

Cheers for the well wishes!

BBcakes
07-26-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't have anything to contribute to the contest, but wanted to wish your dad well...

seeso
07-26-2009, 07:14 PM
By due date do you mean a closing date? or a date when I will pick a winner if you mean the former I set a end date in post #121 if you mean the latter then it would most probably be by the following Sunday.

Cheers for the well wishes!

Oh, you did set an end date. My bad, I missed it. Thanks, man.

Lori
07-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Kia Ora All,

Sorry for the lack of contact I haven't been on UU for a while. I hope you will understand, my father was in Car accident a few weeks back here in NZ and he is currently in a coma(induced) in Chrischurch hospital so I have been a little pre-occupied with that for the last 3 weeks. I haven't even had a chance to look at any of the entries and the shop was supposed to open in a month but that is on hold too.

Chris.
Hope your dad will be OK. I know how hard it is to camp out at a hospital every day all day... for weeks...exhausting in every way.

–Lori

marvtobi
07-27-2009, 02:23 AM
Thats sad news man, i wish your father all the best and a speedy recovery!

Nate95
07-27-2009, 03:58 AM
Hope your dad gets better soon.

jontom
07-27-2009, 04:11 AM
sorry to hear that mate... let's hope for the best!

gabzuke
07-27-2009, 04:29 AM
well.. i drew this 1 off the top of my head... except for the fern, that came from an image i found on the net when i wanted that tattoo'd on my chest...

so here it is... and now that i look at it - i think im going to do a computer one because it doesnt look at good manually.

heres the link tamaaa

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/lolploppoo/as003.jpg

exactly what i expect from a new zealander! haha pure awesomeness!

Amy
07-27-2009, 04:54 AM
holy cow, chris! sending your father my best wishes for a speedy recovery!

PoisonDart
07-27-2009, 05:54 AM
Well wishes to your father, and I love a lot of these logos.

DogBisquit
07-27-2009, 07:13 AM
WOW! That's scary close to what I've been working on. I was in San Diego (California) all weekend. Now that Chris is back, I guess I'll have to post my work. Been agonizing over the initial "A", but I think I've got an idea! I'll flesh it out tonight.

And, Chris, I really feel for you. Dad's are suppose to be immortal. My heart goes out to you.

JIKvig
07-27-2009, 01:20 PM
I have had alot of fun looking at all these logos, and it makes me very sad to hear about your father!
I wish him all the best, and strength to both him and your and your family!

intaglio
07-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Oh, wow, I'm very sorry to hear that Chris. Keep your head up though. I'm sure he will recover just fine!

And here's another version I made this afternoon.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/intag1io/aotearoaukulele.jpg

gabzuke
07-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Oh, wow, I'm very sorry to hear that Chris. Keep your head up though. I'm sure he will recover just fine!

And here's another version I made this afternoon.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/intag1io/aotearoaukulele.jpg

woah thats epic! hhahah

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-27-2009, 10:54 PM
exactly what i expect from a new zealander! haha pure awesomeness!

HAHA.. i get it alot lol...

thats not good....best wishes with your father....

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-27-2009, 10:56 PM
also, the date is on 2nd of August..!! my b'day :)

gabzuke
07-28-2009, 01:28 AM
HAHA.. i get it alot lol...

LOL who wouldnt with that talent hahah

also, the date is on 2nd of August..!! my b'day

ill remember that haha

jontom
07-28-2009, 09:19 AM
just playing a little with a font...

http://www.jontom.net/various/aotearoa03.jpg

intaglio
07-28-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm having fun with this, haha

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/intag1io/aotearoa-split-for-web.jpg

kalmario
07-28-2009, 02:16 PM

bro that s awesome, i love the top one but the bottom ones in
the tradtional maori colours

Cliff

6stringconvert
07-28-2009, 10:17 PM
ALoha,

Here is my entry for the Aotearoa ukulele logo/sign competition. The colour and style can be adjusted to suit.

Mahalo,

6sc

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu239/6stringconvert/Aotearoa.jpg

whetu
07-29-2009, 12:30 AM

love it, but (and please don't take this the wrong way!) I think the trailing A feels like a political party logo... that's the kind of thing you'd see here in NZ. I can't put my finger on which party it is though, maybe the maori party (http://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/images/n/nz%7Dmaori.gif) (who, by the way, are represented by a bunch of nutbars)

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-29-2009, 01:17 AM
you know what, now that i think of it, i never understood the lines above the letter

kreciszcze
07-29-2009, 03:13 AM
well hello there!
I am no artist and I have no idea about all these drawing programs. However, I had a conception and I decided to give a try and I chalked it out. It's scanned so forgive me that awful form among this beautiful logos ;P

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2231&stc=1&d=1248873108

In my head there's more but now I have no time for that ;)

mrUKETOBER
07-29-2009, 03:54 AM
too traditional can be too boring sometimes... i like the top green and blue one :D

intaglio
07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the kind words!

whetu, when you refer to the trailing A, do you mean the smaller one on the very right? That was meant to be seen as separate from the bigger logo on the left. The ones along the right are possible small logos for the "web badges and pamphlets etc."

I don't know too much about New Zealand politics, but hopefully those being seen as separate fixes it? I don't know. Haha. Thanks for pointing it out though. Any insight is more than welcome :)

whetu
07-29-2009, 01:37 PM
you know what, now that i think of it, i never understood the lines above the letter

You mean like the line above the 'a' in 'maori'?

It's called a macron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macron), basically all it means is you extend the vowel sound - so for example you say the 'ah' part of maori a little bit longer. :)

My cynical side says that this was put in place because too many people were - and rightly so - combining the 'ah' and 'oh' sounds too tightly to the point where 'maori' began to sound like 'mouldy', but there's probably some valid historical reason for it :rolleyes:

Patbot
07-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey Chris,
Sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully he gets better soon.
Family always comes first so its understandable.

Man competition is fierce around here...
Well here's my go at it. Keep in mind the colors are changeable.

Here are those logos again...
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/logolineupcolours.png?t=1249073736

...a few interpretations of the sign. Looks kinda abstract.
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/aotearoasign.png?t=1249073832

And just for fun. :D
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/aotearoasignlogo.png?t=1249073882

Take care guys.
-Pat

moosenamedmorton
07-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Here's what I've got so far. It's just the larger logo without words. I liked that amori guy with the tongue sticking out and thought he should be holding an ukulele.

/Users/pendley/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2009/Jul 31, 2009/ukulelecontest

moosenamedmorton
07-31-2009, 02:09 PM
crap! that didn't work

nic579
07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Here is a concept, i dont have time to draw it up and might be better done by one of your local tattoo.comic artist. You can allays checkout any college art department students.

Main logo A warrior crouched with the long club "sholder/face/back", left shoulder and tattoo face grinning at viewer "be scared" .Your name displayed on the club which would be swinging around to hit the viewer, the warrior would also have a UKE "shaped like the short wide club" hanging on his back just behind his left arm/sholder. The small logo would be the warriors club shaped uke.

I think I want to make one of those now. http://i3.ediy.co.nz/10731.jpg There are all sorts of these that fit the bill, the body of the warrior would have be done somewhat distorted to pull off, but nothing that has not already been done in comics. Important is that you maintain easily read text for your name on the long club, the club could be distorted to be larger than it would otherwise seem, emphasizing that your skull is being split. oooo yha I picture this mainly black and white.

Rough example of pose not the best though http://www.muvideo.biz/pictures/ojegcd7k7wmexwbjy44tinsgfgmnvn5bu7fubd57xfcm0ctq6p bfzrj5xvjk6djpcpabr48SamuraiJack2.jpg

Good luck on the new business.

moosenamedmorton
07-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Here we go... hopefully this will show up. This is my entry without any text. I just wanted to get it posted. The words will come later.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33936479@N00/3776009173/

moosenamedmorton
07-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

moosenamedmorton
07-31-2009, 03:38 PM
I attached the image, but it would only attach once I shrunk it down. If someone would tell me exactly how to put the full sized image on here that would be awesome.

Patbot
07-31-2009, 04:55 PM
I attached the image, but it would only attach once I shrunk it down. If someone would tell me exactly how to put the full sized image on here that would be awesome.

That's pretty cool. Are you an illustrator?

Oh and what works with me for putting full scale images is to use photobucket and put the link up here.

-Pat

kalmario
07-31-2009, 04:58 PM
love it, but (and please don't take this the wrong way!) I think the trailing A feels like a political party logo... that's the kind of thing you'd see here in NZ. I can't put my finger on which party it is though, maybe the maori party (http://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/images/n/nz%7Dmaori.gif) (who, by the way, are represented by a bunch of nutbars)

is there a stronger way of saying LOL?

Cliff

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-31-2009, 05:17 PM
You mean like the line above the 'a' in 'maori'?

It's called a macron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macron), basically all it means is you extend the vowel sound - so for example you say the 'ah' part of maori a little bit longer. :)

My cynical side says that this was put in place because too many people were - and rightly so - combining the 'ah' and 'oh' sounds too tightly to the point where 'maori' began to sound like 'mouldy', but there's probably some valid historical reason for it :rolleyes:

ooooh, well.... so mouldy came from there.. haha

Patbot
08-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Ohhhhhhk I decided to do my original idea from the very start so here it is.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/aotearosign222.png?t=1249198066

That's it, I won't do anymore. I promise!
Btw 6stringconvert I like that fish uke design, awesome.:D

-Pat

6stringconvert
08-02-2009, 04:59 AM
Pat,

I was blown away when I saw your designs thismorning.

Thanks for your generous comments on the fish ;-)

6sc

i love stitch
08-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi, I am opening a shop 100% dedicated to things ukulele one of my problems though is branding. I can't afford to hire a PR company to come up with a logo so I thought why not have a competion on UU.

To that end here it goes. Your mission is to come up with a logo for my shop. It must include the words Aotearoa Ukulele(thats the name of the shop) and have a bit of a Maori/NZ flavour to it.

I need 2 logos one main logo for the shop signs etc and a smaller different one maybe without the words or with them for like web badges and pamphlets etc.

Colours and layout up to you!

And the PRIZE, PRIZE, PRIZE.....

An 8 string tenor scale Tahitian ukulele 100% Free incl. free postage anywhere in the world.

So there ya go. Easy as 123.:shaka:

is this contest still on?

moosenamedmorton
08-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks Patbot. I'm not an illustrator. I just like drawing and am trying to figure out how to use photoshop.

Thanks.

UkuLeLesReggAe
08-05-2009, 12:07 AM
yeah, how is this contest going lol?

Nate95
08-05-2009, 03:59 AM
Ohhhhhhk I decided to do my original idea from the very start so here it is.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/aotearosign222.png?t=1249198066

That's it, I won't do anymore. I promise!
Btw 6stringconvert I like that fish uke design, awesome.:D

-Pat

the one in the middle definitely! The tag looks really good too :D

Aotearoa-Strummer
08-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Kia Ora All, Just an update I am finding it very difficult to pick a winner but I am well on the way! Thanks so much to all who entered the comp and I will have a result for you all soon!

Thanks!

Aotearoa-Strummer
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM

Kia Ora Whetu anei tetahi whakaaro e pa ana ki te tohu to,

Ki ahau nei, kaore tatou e tino taea ki te tuhi nga ture kupu, nga ture rarangi ranei mo te reo maori. Natemea ehara tera reo i te reo tuhituhi, he reo korero ke.

Noreira ki au nei, I puta mai te tohu to mai i nga tangata no ta wahi kia mohio ai ratou kei hea te reta roa, kei hea te reta poto ranei.

Pehea ou whakaaro? Ka taea e koe ki te korero maori? Mehemea kao, moumou taima tenei panui!:D

Russ Sonny Kemner
08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Not sure how to attach the jpg??

The logo by my name was based on a similair approach to the letter "S" imposed over a "D" representing "S"onny "D"aze musical instruments.

Bonehead
08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Darn...I can't believe I never stumbled in this thread before. I'm interested in seeing who wins, even thought I'm too late to enter (Grr!).

whetu
08-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Kia Ora Whetu anei tetahi whakaaro e pa ana ki te tohu to,

Ki ahau nei, kaore tatou e tino taea ki te tuhi nga ture kupu, nga ture rarangi ranei mo te reo maori. Natemea ehara tera reo i te reo tuhituhi, he reo korero ke.

Noreira ki au nei, I puta mai te tohu to mai i nga tangata no ta wahi kia mohio ai ratou kei hea te reta roa, kei hea te reta poto ranei.

Pehea ou whakaaro? Ka taea e koe ki te korero maori? Mehemea kao, moumou taima tenei panui!:D

Bro, she's been a dozen years or so since I spoke fluently :( Give me a few drinks time and I'll see if it comes back to me :)

I'm your typical urban (part) maori - I know my whakapapa, the myths, some historical stuff to do with my iwi etc for the most part but I'm still losing touch with the culture :(

UkuLeLesReggAe
08-06-2009, 02:06 AM
i can translate it lol.. i think im saying it right :S

Aotearoa-Strummer
08-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Kia Ora Everyone,

Well I havent quite made up my mind yet but i do have 3 FINALISTS!

It has been so hard to get down to just 3 posibilities and I am finding it hard to just pick out one. Response to this comp was so huge and I just want to thank everyone who entered.

Before I go any further my lawyer told me I may have made a bit of a faux pa. So to that end before I announce the 3 FINALISTS I have to add some legal jargon.

By accepting a place as a finalist in this contest you(the creator) forfeit all rights to work submitted for this contest and will surrender all files (Hard copies, electronic etc) to me (Chris Huriwai (Aotearoa-Strummer) Even if you are unsuccessful in your bid to win your design remains the exclusive property of Chris Huriwai and any intention to use/reproduce the design/s will be at the exclusive discretion of Chris Huriwai.

Furthermore, payment for the design/s a part from the winning design will be $0.00. The winning design will recieve payment in the form of the major prize, a 8 STRING TENOR SCALE UKULELE free of charge.

NB: Where more then one design has been submitted by a finalist, all designs (including unused ones) remain the exclusive property of Chris Huriwai.

*****THE FINALISTS*****

1)Marv Tobi
2)Pat bot
3)Jon Tom

So Congrats you guys let me know if all the legal stuff sits well with you (via PM) and I will go from there.

CHEERS!

intaglio
08-10-2009, 01:40 AM
congrats Marv Tobi, Pat bot, and Jon Tom :shaka:

UkuLeLesReggAe
08-10-2009, 02:49 AM
congrats guys!! re-post your entries :)

marvtobi
08-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Didnt quite expect this really...
Here they are again:

Nate95
08-10-2009, 03:44 AM
Congratulations and good luck!:D

jontom
08-10-2009, 05:06 AM
Cool! Thanks again for this opportunity!
These were my entries:

Patbot
08-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Awesome, Good job guys!
I just just have a request Chris. Do you mind if I use these designs as a portfolio piece? It will say property of Aotearoa Ukuleles.

Thanks.
Pat

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/aotearoasign.png?t=1249938231

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/aotearoasignlogo.png?t=1249938353

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/logolineupcolours.png?t=1249938292

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/aotearosign222.png?t=1249938317

Aotearoa-Strummer
08-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Awesome, Good job guys!
I just just have a request Chris. Do you mind if I use these designs as a portfolio piece? It will say property of Aotearoa Ukuleles.

Thanks.
Pat

Hey Pat, yeah go for it. To be honest Im not to fussed if you fullas use these designs elsewhere it was really just a heads up from the lawyer.

Cheers,

Chris.

UkuLeLesReggAe
08-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Didnt quite expect this really...
Here they are again:

haha, i expected!!

Mayercaster
08-11-2009, 05:13 AM
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/logolineupcolours.png?t=1249938292

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Patzilla2002/aotearosign222.png?t=1249938317

These are amazing, they'd get my vote

Patbot
08-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks Mayercaster and Chris.
I'll be sure to package all the files and get em to you soon.

-Pat

mrUKETOBER
08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
so who won ? was it pat ?

torinaritai
08-16-2009, 08:31 AM
I hope you like it!! <3 ^^

UkuLeLesReggAe
08-17-2009, 12:37 AM
its... kinda over

upskydowncloud
08-17-2009, 04:50 AM
its... kinda over

when do we find out who won?

krabbers
08-17-2009, 05:14 AM
here's another shot:

nice that would look good on a shirt

krabbers
08-17-2009, 05:16 AM
just playing a little with a font...

this is my favourite its clear , it speaks of nature with the tree , water with the wave and maybe a little shark action thrown in

i love it

jontom
08-17-2009, 03:13 PM
thanks a lot krabbers, I really appreciate it :)

Aotearoa-Strummer
08-17-2009, 07:35 PM
HI ALL!

Sorry for taking so long but I have finally made up my mind (with a little bit of help from mum!)

And the winner is.......

JONTOM

Congratulations! It was a really hard decision but it had to be done! So jontom PM me your address details and I will get the uke to you! Also if you can I wouldn't mind an email address to talk design and whatnot with you.

CHEERS EVERYONE!!!

PS: My dad is out of the coma as of last week and they reckon he will be OK he is awake and talking but the DRs say he is gonna have to learn to walk again because he shattered both of his ankles in the crash and they had to fuse them so they dont bend anymore. Sounds bad but it could have been worse! Thanks for all the well wishes! And Keep Strumming!

Lori
08-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Which one of the five designs by Jontom are you going with?

Congrats Jontom! Nice job!

–Lori

Patbot
08-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Congrats to Jon and your dad Chris.

jontom
08-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Thank you very much Chris, you made my day!
Also congratulations to all the partecipants, it's been nice to enter a contest with so many nice designs!
I'm happy to hear good things about your father, I hope the situation will get better soon.

I'm sending you a PM with my details. Thanks again Chris for this opportunity... I'll make sure to record your ukulele on my albums :)

Grazie mille!

deach
08-18-2009, 02:20 AM

PS: My dad is out of the coma as of last week and they reckon he will be OK he is awake and talking but the DRs say he is gonna have to learn to walk again because he shattered both of his ankles in the crash and they had to fuse them so they dont bend anymore. Sounds bad but it could have been worse! Thanks for all the well wishes! And Keep Strumming!
Glad to hear he's getting better!

PoisonDart
08-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Here's wishing a quick recovery for your father.

ukerazy
08-18-2009, 05:29 AM
Congratulations Jontom, a deserved winner! I hope you enjoy your new uke!

Well wishes to your father, this was a great contest, Aotearoastrummer!

seeso
08-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Congrats to jontom, and I'm so glad you're father's okay!

upskydowncloud
09-02-2009, 04:49 AM
I'll see what I can come up with

hey this competition is over now!

Melissa82
09-02-2009, 04:49 AM
I'll see what I can come up withYou know someone already won this, right?

UkuLeLesReggAe
09-02-2009, 08:47 PM
great, awesome!!

grats, and good to hear about you dad.