Awesome Unique Cheap Kamaka

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
I found this awesome unique Kamaka Tenor in the local Craigslist at what I think is a steal of a price ($500). Too bad (good thing) I'm broke now.
3nc3k13lcZZZZZZZZZ9790b6871ffb23c1ffa.jpg
3n83k13ofZZZZZZZZZ9790c2cea72a4ce15b9.jpg

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/1262355915.html

Wow!
That is beatiful!

I'm guessing it's a one of a kind special order custom, no Hawaiian in his right mind start chopping up a Kamaka, and the crazy ones don't own Kamakas. ;)

Don't want to cast doubts on it's authenticity, but examine this headstock of Kamakas from their site. Doesn't look as pointy in the center as those on their site.

While a tenor with that much elaborate work put into is probably worth close to that price no matter who made it, I think I'd ask for some closeups of the headstock and manufacture sticker inside. With the price of custom Kamakas it's hard to image someone letting one go for that cheap.

Don't want to cast doubts on it's authenticity, but examine this headstock of Kamakas from their site. Doesn't look as pointy in the center as those on their site.

While a tenor with that much elaborate work put into is probably worth close to that price no matter who made it, I think I'd ask for some closeups of the headstock and manufacture sticker inside. With the price of custom Kamakas it's hard to image someone letting one go for that cheap.

Yeah I thought the same thing with the bridge pins, it's not a very nice custom job if it is one and I couldn't see any signs of the KK logo anywhere.

I emailed the guy asking for a label picture, and some history on this unique 'ukulele, hopefully it's authentic. Great observations guys! :shaka:

Yeah, I saw that Kamaka yesterday too. But I just wasn't digging the "improvements" to it. And it wasn't very clear that it was an actual Kamaka model. The most interesting thing to me about this one is how it actually got to be like that...so yeah, if the guy sends some history, that'd be cool to read.

Top Bottom