FS: Honu deluxe concert ukulele

GX9901

Reaction score
For sale is a Honu deluxe model concert ukulele. It is the high-end model by Honu with lots of adornments. The uke features a koa body, maple bindings, abalone purfling, ebony fretboard and bridge with honu shaped abalone position markers and pin bridge. It has a mahogany neck and solid curly koa tuning buttons. It is finished in high gloss. I have applied cling-on pickguards to the upper bout and you can probably see it from the pictures I've attached. The condition of the ukulele is like-new. There are no dents or visible scratches on it. Please feel free to ask any questions.

This particular ukulele was built in 2006 and was purchased from MGM. I believe this was one of the first ones brought into the US to test the market (these were Japan-market models before this year). It is strung with a new set of Worth CD strings and I believe these strings bring the best out of this ukulele. The sound is extremely clear and the sustain is very long. The sound quality rivals any Hawaiian made ukulele in my opinion.

The reason I'm selling it is because I need to downsize my collection. As good as this uke is, I spend most of my time playing a William King concert so the Honu doesn't get much playing time these days. Hopefully it ends up with someone who can appreciate how nice of an instrument it is.

Here is a video of me playing this ukulele.

I'm asking for $425 including shipping to the continental USA. I'm willing to ship outside the continental USA for actual shipping cost. Paypal is preferred.

Some pictures:

369218800.jpg

369218813.jpg

369218824.jpg

369218818.jpg

Downsizing for real this time boyz. Haven't had the urge to get a new uke for a while now. But if I get hit by UAS again, you know where to check out the goods...;)

Downsizing for real this time boyz. Haven't had the urge to get a new uke for a while now. But if I get hit by UAS again, you know where to check out the goods...;)

Ah congrats, George.

Ah, in economics, that's what we call hitting negative marginal returns. Each additional uke provides diminishing marginal return (less extra happiness per uke) until eventually you have so many that you get negative returns. (Analogous to how the first bite of ice cream tastes great, and as you keep digging into the gallon of ice cream, it becomes less and less wonderful (diminishing marginal returns) until you eventually throw up...negative marginal returns.)

What's your final lineup going to look like?

Top Bottom