Opportunity to Busk

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
Soo Brit and I were walking around a beach town by us. We were going in and out of the shops and of course I had my junky uke with me. We were at a hippyish shop when the owner approached us and asked if we wanted to Busk infront of the store tomorrow while a book signing would be going on.

It's funny how people react when you have a uke with you.

#1 most of the time when we're singing infront of stores, we get yelled at. We were in Boston 2 weeks ago and a guy called the cops on us.. at least he was nice enough to tell us.

Anyway this is pretty cool as being in front of a store will get us closer to the public eye. As well as people wanting to put in a few bucks, hopefully.

Needless to say we bought some extra stickers to jazz up our tip jar and will be there bright and early tomorrow :D

Can't wait.

good luck!!! let us know how it goes!

Keep your head up and keep strummin...:)

Ha! Awesome. You gonna be able to take any vids?

that's sweet. i didn't busk but i played on the metro in dc. it's very fun. always great reactions! i even had a guy come up to me and he started drumming away on his legs.

Onset Beach

We first got put at a spot that was basically like the inside of an Alleyway, made about a dollar in a half hour. lol

Then said F it and went right front and center of the store, money started rolling :D

Was fun, in the clip we were singing T pain - Buy You A Drank, we played about 10 other songs, that's is just when my Dad picked up the camera and started recording. Nothing like angles that makes your head wanna turn.. Parents are the worst videographers

I saw the cop comming down the street and thought they'd called 'em on you (again). That was awesome, dude. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Uke on!:shaka:

Yeah we're used to getting kicked out of places so it would have been fine if he told us to leave.. He passed us like 8 times, I guess that's his beat.

I don't think I've ever seen him smile ever.

Nice! You guys need to work out some dance routines. :D

Nice! You guys need to work out some dance routines. :D

Actuallllllly Brit came up with an idea. We went to Walmart and got a Vail and fake ring, and I have a tie. We're gonna be broke college kids trying to get married :)

We got bored tonight and went to the waterfront, I started playing the uke and Brit sang. Right away there were a few girls that sat down next to us to listen and a couple dancing in front of us. Then a guy and girl who were on a date sat down next to us so we played some love songs (I threw in Buy You a Drank for some midnight loving) and we got a few more bucks for an hours effort :)

Needless to say, tomorrow will be interesting.. I'll try to get it videotaped but not sure if that'll happen.

Top Bottom