KoAloha Ukulele?

tkurita

Reaction score
I have a KoAloha Concert Ukulele that has an oval shapped sound hole not a "musubi" shaped one. Is this a early model?

Yes, pictures please! :D
Regards,
Ray
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I have a KoAloha Concert Ukulele that has an oval shapped sound hole not a "musubi" shaped one. Is this a early model?

wow.. your real lucky there!

Picture of koaloha

Here is a picture of my Koaloha thats been in my closet since i bought it in the early 2000s.

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 103
Have a look at the neck block.
There is going to be a date stamped on it that will tell you when it was made. (at least month and year) I've got a Feb. & and April of 2000 with round holes, so my guess it's going to be somewhere shortly after that if I remember Paul's timeline correctly from another thread.

And seriously. Start playing it. It's way too nice an instrument to be languishing in a closet.

Last edited:
I have not thought about selling it, although i do play my tenor Pono and Kanilea more often. Who knows if the price was right i might just sell it to buy a new Koaloha tenor. BTW the tone is unreal.

I don't mean to add to the uke-lust, but I wanted to point out that that ukulele is also 100% Koa. We didn't use the CNC shaped mahogany necks at the time and each neck was hand shaped by my dad, until he made me start doing it.

Thanks for the information koalohapaul, ive been playing this ukulele all day and have established a new love affair with it. I just changed the strings and its sounds "killer".

Wow, even looks like it's got a one piece koa top, not bookmatched. Pretty special piece right there.

Wow, even looks like it's got a one piece koa top, not bookmatched. Pretty special piece right there.

my guess is its also a one piece back and one piece sides too.

Yes it does, i never noticed that it has a one piece top, side and bottom. Thanks for all this information on my ukulele, it makes it even more special.

Here are more pictures. Any suggestion on how i can fix tuners, they are very stiff and hard to turn, thus tuning is always off.

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 27
Are the tuners just too tight? Have you played around with the screws at all? Friction tuners are really touchy.

Top Bottom