PDA

View Full Version : Ukuleles and Mojo

bornagainjeeper
07-11-2009, 07:30 AM
So i just dropped a young lady i met last night back off at her house this morning...i guess sometimes it just takes one "kiss the girl" from the little mermaid...ha....

Any stories of ukulele romancing out there (pg of course)

UkEdman90
07-11-2009, 08:07 AM
So i just dropped a young lady i met last night back off at her house this morning...i guess sometimes it just takes one "kiss the girl" from the little mermaid...ha....

Any stories of ukulele romancing out there (pg of course)

where the heck is the fun in that! :D

guess i can clean it up...

long story short...

wrote gf a song for 3 year anniversary, she loved it, Kiss Kiss etc. end of story lol

Ukulele JJ
07-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah. Some women will do pretty much anything to get me to stop playing the damn uke.

:p

JJ

Tanizaki
07-11-2009, 09:04 AM
I was about to post some stories but then I saw you wanted to keep it PG.

deach
07-11-2009, 09:09 AM
This one time after an open mic, oh man, I was feeling it, and it felt like a bag of sand. SO nice.

pebbleInDaPacific
07-11-2009, 09:13 AM
serenaded my fiance right before I proposed to her, and got a new kamaka as an engagement gift from her. How you like them apples!? haha, my plan worked! :D

Ahnko Honu
07-11-2009, 09:24 AM
My wife kidnapped "Honulani" my new old Fluke (she's been playing guitar for over 30 years but just recently due to my bad influence has started a playing the 'ukulele), and last night I busted out my concert MELE koa pineapple, and we jammed for over an hour and had so much fun. Been with her for almost 30 years but the fire burned a tad brighter than usual last night thanks to the 'ukulele. ;)

Pippin
07-11-2009, 11:59 AM
I sang an original song for my wife during our wedding ceremony.

http://www.tricornpublications.com/music/loving_you.mp3

(warning, religious over-tones, my wife is religious).

sukie
07-11-2009, 12:10 PM
BAJ - My, my! When are you seeing her again?

Boozelele
07-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I totally did it with my Fluke the other night. It was awesome. ;)

Myala509
07-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Why "kiss the girl"?

DId you sing it all low and sexy? Haha its a goophy song to me and cant picture it workin magic.

leftovermagic84
07-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I tried to cover Seeso's cover of Let's Get It On. After playing it for my wife, she asked if I remembered to pay the power bill. :( more time to practice I guess...

Ahnko Honu
07-11-2009, 01:03 PM
I totally did it with my Fluke the other night. It was awesome. ;)

Did you name your Fluke "Flusey" afterwards? :eek:

Ahnko Honu
07-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I tried to cover Seeso's cover of Let's Get It On. After playing it for my wife, she asked if I remembered to pay the power bill. :( more time to practice I guess...

What happened to the leftover magic? :D;)

hoosierhiver
07-11-2009, 01:42 PM

Maybe you should try his original "I'm a Queen", that might get her attention! :eek: ;)

I do have to say, for some reason having a ukulele in my hands makes me feel more confident,kind of paradoxical ain't it....

seeso
07-11-2009, 03:16 PM
For a song about how I'm a cross-dresser, "I'm a Queen" tends to woo the women. Who'd a thunk?

What? That's a sure thing! Get your money back.

leftovermagic84
07-11-2009, 03:49 PM
What? That's a sure thing! Get your money back.

To be fair, I wasn't nekkid.

uber_goober
07-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Sort of on topic...for my wife's birthday this year, I sang her a cheery rendition of "Happy Birthday" before she got out of bed. I thought it was cute.

For next year's present, she asked me to stick to instrumental tunes. :)

-John

lisaxy424
07-11-2009, 04:11 PM

Hmmm...I don't know about this Alex. I mean, you've been playing the ukulele for a while now...but you JUST got a puppy...

I think in a game of rock, puppy, ukulele...puppy will always win :p

WAYDA GO PLAYA! :shaka:

leftovermagic84
07-11-2009, 05:14 PM

depends on how hard you throw the rock...//ducks//
:anyone:

bornagainjeeper
07-11-2009, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=lisaxy424;170827]Hmmm...I don't know about this Alex. I mean, you've been playing the ukulele for a while now...but you JUST got a puppy...

WELL of course puppy always wins, check my facebook for pictures they are up...the puppy was running around looking up her skirt and licking her face before i was...BUT uke and puppy is double whammy....

BBcakes
07-11-2009, 08:50 PM

:rotfl: This made me chuckle...

Ahnko Honu
07-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Sort of on topic...for my wife's birthday this year, I sang her a cheery rendition of "Happy Birthday" before she got out of bed. I thought it was cute.

-John

Were you wearing your "birthday suit"? That would make a difference either way. ;)

nikolo727
07-11-2009, 10:12 PM
hell i wear my birthday suit even though im single. :D I dont need an occasion to get kneckedd. :D

Pippin
07-11-2009, 11:05 PM

-John

Everybody's a critic. :D