K-Town Heroes - Eat Sleep Music Sessions CD now available!

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Just released. It took us a while to get it out but here it is.

http://ukuleleunderground.com/k-town-heroes-eat-sleep-music-sessions/

The back story for this project. In December of last year, Aldrine and I flew up to Oahu to record a "live CD". Every single gig we play at people always ask us if we have any of the songs we play on CD. We got tired of having to tell them no, so we got our friend Danyo to help us record this small project. Though doing the live CD thing didn't go exactly as we planned, we still managed to record 10 tracks in 5 days which is pretty much ridiculous. Every day we spent at least 10 hours of doing nothing but recording.

On the CD cover, it says we lived at and slept on the studio floor, which we did, but when we say recording studio, take that quite literally. What we really mean is we slept in a studio apartment recording this thing. The entire room the 3 of us locked ourselves in couldn't have been much bigger than 200 sqft. 3 grown ass men, staying in a cramped studio apartment for more than 20 hours a day is one of those things that sounded like a good idea at the time. The space was tiny, in fact we had to strategically arrange our sleeping areas and were often under keyboards and in doorways to the bathroom. This was made even more complicated because Aldrine has a superstition that his feet can never face a door when he is sleeping.

Danyo no longer lives there and has a pretty nice set up now so I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this.

So that's the story of this little project. Quite an experience. I don't know if I would want to do it again but it was well worth it at least once.

I put my order in! I decided it was also the perfect time to order the cool new UU grunge tee. It will look great on Rich, especially after I chop on the sleeves and cut out the neck...

woo! ordered mine too :)

Very cool! I've been waiting for this for ages. I just ordered mine too.

Cool, just ordered my copy. I love Europa and Ukulele...can't wait to hear the entire CD. Thanks guys...

Whoo hooo, can't wait to hear the whole thing! I bet it's great! But I gotta know..where does the no feet towards the door superstition come from???

It's a Filipino superstition but I can't remember what's suppose to happen. My mom wasn't big on that particular superstition but I don't sleep with my feet towards the door anyway because of Feng Shui principles. It drains your energy.

BTW, looking forward to the new album!

Last edited:
Placed my order yesterday. :cool:

Please don't hate me, but somehow I don't like it :(

I like the songs and everything but I don't like this clean studio sound. I love it when they're sitting on their balcony or elsewhere and record it but this studio sound isn't quite my thing :(

Top Bottom