How much do you love YOUR pineapple sunday?

grownupboy

Reaction score
hey all,

i gotta admit i'm kind of smitten with the pineapple sunday ukes from koaloha (the last thing is another uke... help! help!).

i'd love to hear from uu users who have one - show me some pics and share some of your thoughts on this odd looking little bugger! as i understand it's a concert size body with a tenor neck - how does it compare to other tenors you might own?

thanks~

karl

I with you on this. I am completely tapped out due to my recent Kamaka purchase but I'd love to have a Pineapple Sundae someday. I'm really happy with my HF-3, so a long search for a good buy on a PS is manageable...... I hope :confused:

I drool when I look at PS. I want one. I was so excited when I visited koaloha factory. I thought I'd finally get to play one and they were out of them. There was an almost finished one hanging up.
Not to rub it in but wait until you see ther third signature uke from Papa Koaloha.

I played one for about twenty glorious seconds. My favorite semi-production uke in the world, hands down. It doesn't have a big, boomy, guitarlike sound like some tenors do; it leans more towards the traditional ukey Hawaiian sound, which I like. :D Felt a little neck-heavy, but it could've just been the tuners. Would love to own one someday. My girlfriend will kill me if I do, though.

I want one reeeaaly bad!

I want one. And whatever they're coming out with again next month... and a scepter.... but that's a lot of $!!!
Cheers,
Skottoman

hey, i know the koaloha guys check this board from time to time...

what do you say? how about some kind of fantastic contest for all us faithful devotees longing for this oddly-shaped but drool-worthy uke? first prize could be... oh, i don't know... a pineapple sunday uke?

bwahahah! :)

karl

I got to see one in person, hold it and play it too... After wiping the drewel off, I had to pass because it was too much for my meger budget. If price were no object I would have bought it in a heart beat...

It appears that we all want one but nobody has one. Hmmmmm....

When I was on Maui back in April, they had one at a little shop in Lahaina called Kula Gold. The store owner is Mike, you could call them to see if he still has his and if it's for sale. It's a gorgeous instrument:)

if i had the cash, maybe. I already have a whole bunch of other ukes on my list, haha.

Top Bottom