Need to write a song to impress the ladies

Reaction score
Hey fellow people,
i wanna write a song that will impress the ladies but have NO IDEA what to write about, or how to make it sound legit. anyone got ideas or can help me? thank you, and hang loose. :shaka:

Questions:

how do you want to impress the ladies?
via:
comedy?
a love song?
a comedic love song?
a song with technical riffs etc?
all of the above?

We'll need more context if we're to help you appropriately :)

haha that adam sandler song is really a good one. and im more of the comedy romantic type of guy haha even though im only in highschool. thank you for the help guys, i bow to all of u :bowdown:

Write songs about how you're the good guy and you finish last or you're a bad boy that gets into lots of trouble. Chicks dig the extreme of either end, lol.

Are you trying to impress one woman in particular, or a bevy of them? Where will you perform this tune? One on one? Party situation? On stage?

Details, please.

Don't forget chocolate and pleasant smells.
Not as good as rainbow and unicorn :p
I think the best is to make her laugh whilte romantic too

The Hukilau was the place
Where I first saw your face
We liked each other right away
But you didn't remember me the very next day
Forgetful Lucy
Has got a nice caboosey

I used to trick you into pulling your car over so we could chat
But my favorite time was when you beat the s** out of Ula with a bat
Then we drove up to see Dr. Keats
And found out why Doug always has to change his sheets
Forgetful Lucy
Cracked her head like Gary Busey

But I still love her so
And I'll never let her go
Even if while I'm singing this song
She's wishing I had Jocko the walrus' schlong
Forgetful Lucy
Her lips are so damn juicy

How about another first kiss

if you're trying to impress one specific girl and you know what kind of bands she likes, simply learn a few tunes by those bands. possibly the ones where the guy singing the song sounds cool :D btw, that's (almost) how i met my wife :music:

hahaa those are really some good ideas. im gonna try to attract them at this camp i go to. play it in a talent show too or something. but thank you all for ur great ideas. they will come in handy, and if it gets good and on the radio ill thank you all hahaha. :music:

I've been having a rough time with song writing too. I came up with a pretty nice sounding slow finger-picking song on my guitar that I was planning on turning into some kind of love song, but I can't seem to make any lyrics I write match it what so ever.. Maybe I should write the lyrics first, and then make the melody around it instead of doing it vice-versa.

Just sing about:

#1 Your big bank account
#2 Your bumper sticker "My other Ferrari is a piece of sh#t too"
#3 God, my mansion is way too big
#4 I just won the Loto and don't know what to spend the money on
#5 I'm Tom Cruise's little brother

Trust me...they will come a runnin'. ;)

Last edited:
Specificity is the key. It's very exciting when women think that you're reading their minds.

Find out stuff about her and use it in your lyrics. Favorite movie? Foods? Books? Likes? Dislikes? What is her dream? The more specific, the better.

"I'll be your vampire, if you'll be my Bella
We'll fly out to Paris, just you and me together
Gummi Bears for breakfast, Krispy Kreme for brunch
I think you know what's for dinner, let's call it a hunch."

That sort of thing.

Well, for me there's 2 ways about trying to impress a girl with playing.
1. play a funny song they havent heard before, I recommend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRq82c8Baw
tabbed here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/runaway_box/one_semester_of_spanish_love_song_crd.htm
not many have heard, all love it
2. Learn a song that they liked when they were younger and probably haven't heard in a while, depends on the age group of course, but I've got a few that I think are good for it.
truly madly deeply - Savage Garden
I want it that way - the backstreet boys (probably comes of as being one of the previously mentioned funny one)
and basically anything that they'd instantly recognize.

a few caveats:
- Unless it's a song you specifically wrote for them, most people want to hear something they recognize
- careful about being over the top sappy, the savage garden is borderline
- Make sure you can play the song, nobody's impressed by seeing what you can't do (sounds harsh, but somebody's gotta be a good friend to want to hear you not do it up right)

Top Bottom