Upside down...

I've just glued up an expensive set of sides for a cutaway upside down :eek: My first slimline tenor has just been conceived...
Make it into a Lefty :D.

It's done now Ken and I quite like it. As it is going to have active pickup and it is a speculative piece (wow - haven't done one of these in about 2 years) it doesn't matter but that would have been the option...

I stopped doing that when I started marking and arrow (designating "up" of course) on the waists of all my sides. All my molds, including the cutaways also say "up". Hey, look on the bright side. For some reason slimlines seem to be all the rage on this forum.

Great advice Chuck - I thought I had got it nailed with the design but I must remember that cutaways and reversing are my Achilles heel. I'm off to the workshop now to mark the mold :bowdown:

As it stands, I like the profile with it's bare 1/4" taper and slim looks. With a pickup installed acoustic sound will be a secondary consideration in the promotion of this 'new' instrument... So this was a somewhat fortuitous 'mistake' which I have managed to recover.

Top Bottom