custom uke ideas?

i love stitch

Reaction score
im getting a custom fluke, just cant think of what i want on it?
i was thinking my dog and then a hawaiian flower on it, maybe her name (trinity or trinny) or should i put her face and my name? hmm

there are so many options, i just want to put what i like best because this uke is pretty expensive...

any ideas for designs?

Last edited:
I noticed on your wish list you had placed custom lava fluke with pic of my dog on it. That is what you should go with. If you get our advice and choose our ideas it no longer becomes your custom uke.

I noticed on your wish list you had placed custom lava fluke with pic of my dog on it. That is what you should go with. If you get our advice and choose our ideas it no longer becomes your custom uke.

thats true, but the problem is, i cant find an artist to sketch out my dog to send to the fluke company, no one is willing to draw her for me...

so if the dog idea doesnt happen, im trying to get some idea designs of an earthy type design, i'm also really into the doodle drawings if anyone knows what i mean:p

I'd assume you'd need a very basic negative image to burn into a fluke.

Have you thought of taking a photo of your dog, and using photoshop filters to create a simple black/white line or dot image?

I'd assume you'd need a very basic negative image to burn into a fluke.

Have you thought of taking a photo of your dog, and using photoshop filters to create a simple black/white line or dot image?

what do you mean a dot image?

Why don't you host a contest here? Post a couple of pics of your dog and let us draw, sketch, photoshop, etc. a graphic?

Why don't you host a contest here? Post a couple of pics of your dog and let us draw, sketch, photoshop, etc. a graphic?

that's such a good idea!!!
but would anyone do it? i mean i dont have any prizes for the winner :(

People like winning - they don't really care what they win. A set of strings or two of their choice from the UU store, a T-shirt, etc. People will compete for a $5 prize.

Scottoman had the right idea, I think. There are computer programs that will start with a photo, in this case of your dog, and make it look like a sketch. I had a photo of myself done like that at one of those little phone-booth-sized photo kiosks in the mall. You know....the kind where you deposit your money and then sit in a little booth in front of a camera. It turned out really cool!

How ever you go about it, stick with your original idea!

I'll try! I got mediocre photoshoppin skillz I can try at least, im thinkin the cutout filter.

Upload a pic and describe what u want on the uke out of the pic in question

Attachments

• DSC_0533.jpg
    DSC_0533.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0405.jpg
    DSC_0405.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0585.jpg
    DSC_0585.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 10
  • trinity_by_windchimetime.jpg
    trinity_by_windchimetime.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 9
i like the 3rd one, i kind of wanted a cartoon version of her...i checked the site deviant art & asked some artists but they were charging $130 just for a little drawing!
idk, maybe ill try to draw something, i suck but maybe it will come out alright :confused:

Top Bottom