PDA

View Full Version : Recording help!

NatalieLin6
07-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I wasn't sure where else to post this, and I wasn't able to find any information online. Everyone on this forum is always so helpful so I thought I would give it a try.

I am trying to record onto my computer, I have used Acoustica Mixcraft and Audacity. I have 2 condenser mics, hooked up to a Behringer mixer which connects to my computer. When I sing or play into the mics, it sounds great in the head phones or over the speakers. Problem is, when I record it and then play it back, it sounds really slow and distorted. This happens with both programs. It sounds fine until I record and I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I am getting really frustrated and just wondered if anyone might have some helpful insight. Thanks in advance!

jkevinwolfe
07-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Natalie,

Can you post a sample of what it sounds like? Might give some clues as to what's wrong. And which Behringer?

Ukeffect
07-13-2009, 04:48 PM
What OS are you using?

NatalieLin6
07-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Natalie,

Can you post a sample of what it sounds like? Might give some clues as to what's wrong. And which Behringer?
Thank you for your quick response, but I think I figured it out. It was plugged into the wrong spot because my computer has like 7 jacks. I'll keep you posted! Thanks again!

seeso
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Keep us posted, please.

NatalieLin6
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys. I figured it out, it was in the wrong spot. I am so excited now, I can hopefully have better audio quality. I just heard myself played back over our surround sound speakers and it was CRAZY!!! Thank you guys for being so amazing and trying to help. That is why I love this forum, everyone is so nice and always offering to lend their time and help! You all radiate awesomeness!

seeso
07-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Great! Glad you got it sorted out.

NatalieLin6
07-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Great! Glad you got it sorted out.
Thanks Seeso!

jkevinwolfe
07-13-2009, 11:02 PM
The kind of effort that requires no help on our part is so rewarding.