ukulele tattoo

tuscadero

Reaction score
so, I'm thinking about getting a ukulele tattoo, with soft grey clouds (Japanese style) and cherry blossoms. Here's a sketch…

uketattoo.png

What do you think?

The arch in the soundhole is the shadow in the photo we used as reference. Right now it's about 7 inches high, 3.5" wide. I expect the artist will want to enlarge it a little bit, they always do ;)

It's cute! How much detail are you going to get done? I can see that being really beautiful.

The arch in the soundhole is the shadow in the photo we used as reference. Right now it's about 7 inches high, 3.5" wide. I expect the artist will want to enlarge it a little bit, they always do ;)

You could have just said it was some graphic designer stuff that I wouldn't understand..I would have been fine with that...:D

If the arch is not in the final product, I say go for it then!

Last edited:
.... Right now it's about 7 inches high, 3.5" wide. I expect the artist will want to enlarge it a little bit, they always do ;)
That' a good size. The larger it is, the better the small details, like the strings, will be.

Are you sure you want it on your back? One of my favorites is on my back and I am bummed that I have to get a mirror to see it.

Seeso: Yup, I drew it. I'm the worst customer for a tattoo artist, I come in with a pretty developed drawing, they don't get to play too much.

Deech: I hear you about the back, however, the only way I would get a tattoo on my arm is if I got a 1/2 sleeve and I'm not ready for that kind of commitment.

top center of my back, between my shoulder blades.

I love the design (though I'd suggest making the uke a little more prominent) - but why put it in a place where you can't see and enjoy it?

SailQwest: I need the proper amount of real estate for a 7+ inch tall tattoo, my feet aren't that big :p

bbycrts: I think when the clouds are rendered soft grey the ukulele and cherry blossoms will be more prominent. We shall see.

Craig: That's lovely, did you get it inked? Got a photo?

I say put it on your front, use your belly button as the sound hole.

Back would be good too though.

Top Bottom