Mixed feelings about my uke on E-bay

Russ Sonny Kemner

Reaction score
Not sure if I should be flattered or bummed? Two different instruments made and sold to two different individuals are now listed on e-bay.

Does this mean that the value of the instrument makes it worth re-listing in which case I would be flattered, or is this an indication that my luthier skills aren't as good as I thought?? That would be a let down.

Yikes!

Maybe I'm making too much out of this.

Are they selling for more than what they were bought for. I'm guessing the buyers aren't 'ukulele players but just someone out to make a profit. :mad:

I certainly can't fault your work on the Diddley Bow I've got. It's solid. It's most likely that these two were just sitting around not getting played and times being what they are they end up on eBay.

They both make a point of listing Sonny Daze in the titles, so that's a good sign. It shows that you've already established yourself and a reputation.
They're a couple of musical instruments. All you can do is send them out into the world and eventually they find the person who is meant to play them. These two are on the next leg of that journey.

Not sure why. You should ask them, for sure. In a non-weird way ofcourse, lol.

"Hey, wtf? Why are you selling this divine instrument!?!"

No matter what... I am tempted to buy the soprano.

They're a couple of musical instruments. All you can do is send them out into the world and eventually they find the person who is meant to play them. These two are on the next leg of that journey.

Well put.

:cheers:

JJ

Both listings I see mention your name, and they both say they are beautifuly crafted, or something along those lines. So I DOUBT its that they are bad, or poorly crafted. I think they just needed the money, or are hoping from all the rave reviews on here that they sell well.

We uke buyers are a fickle bunch - don't take it personally.

I find that like most sub-cultures, we ukers tend to buy and sell quite a bit. It is, for some, as much a part of the hobby as playing.

It's just how some of us operate... (not me, for the record, but a signifigant number of us)

Also (and this is just a guess), I think a cigarbox can be (not always of course) more of an "also have" kind of thing rather than a primary "everyday" uke. As such, they may be more likley to get sold, no matter how well loved they are. Second child syndrome...

Your stuff is stunning - I would find it hard to belive that it was anything other than the usual UAS buying and selling...

We uke buyers are a fickle bunch - don't take it personally.

I find that like most sub-cultures, we ukers tend to buy and sell quite a bit. It is, for some, as much a part of the hobby as playing.

I would find it hard to belive that it was anything other than the usual UAS buying and selling...

People actually SELL their ukes? I totally understand buying....

Damnit I've been outbid. Guess I have to wait for mine to be done.

Damnit I've been outbid. Guess I have to wait for mine to be done.

Buying on eBay is an art. Unless you want to drive up the price you don't bid at all until the very end, and then you should only do within the last 30 seconds. Put your highest price in as you won't have a chance to up your bid if someone else has a higher bid. It's called snipping and it can help insure that you win will not driving up the cost of the item...

How's that for my 100th post, some helpful information....:shaka::cool:

Or, it's that sickness of

"I got a great uke, but gotta buy more...and I can't keep them all so have to make the tough choice...and these are so good, I know I can get my money back from them, and maybe more besides so I can go buy some more ukes"

Top Bottom