Off to Hawaii this morning

Howie1947

Reaction score
Leaving from San Diego this morning. Looking forword to some "R&R" on the beach at Waikiki with my lovely wife. Anticipating my first cold" Long Board Lager" with sweet hawaiian music in the background. Will be checking out the local entertainment, and checking out the Ukes shops. ........See you at the BBQ.................Howie

Leaving from San Diego this morning. Looking forword to some "R&R" on the beach at Waikiki with my lovely wife. Anticipating my first cold" Long Board Lager" with sweet hawaiian music in the background. Will be checking out the local entertainment, and checking out the Ukes shops. ........See you at the BBQ.................Howie

I'm very jealous! I'm going to Hawaii next year with my family and can't wait, I'm counting the days already.

Enjoy the trip.

Have a great trip. The sea, the air, the ukuleles... Have a mai tai at the Royal Hawaiian. Life gets no better.

Me == Jealous

(Have fun!)

JJ

Be sure to check out Ukulele store PuaPua! It's in the lobby of a hotel. I forget which. Nice selection of ukes to look and drool over!
http://ukulele.pua2.com/index.html

OR go to the Koaloha Factory and maybe pick up an awesome factory second!

Cheers,
Skottoman

Be sure to check out Ukulele store PuaPua! It's in the lobby of a hotel. I forget which. Nice selection of ukes to look and drool over!
http://ukulele.pua2.com/index.html

I second that! It was my favorite uke store when I went to Oahu...if you don't mind slightly high prices you can see some gorgeous ones at the uke store in the Hilton Hawaiian Village's Kalia tower. Tons of Kamakas, Kanile'as (including an AMAZING custom one for $3000 last time I was there) and KoAlohas...

Howie to Hawaii

Eh Seeso,

Don't be too envious (kalua pork), after all you have
Gino's Pizza in the Windy City.

I was in Chicago for 3 years in the late 60's, and Gino's
was a favorite (Old Town).

By the way, Howie, hope to meet up with you at the
BBQ. As noted previously, I'll be landing at HNL around
noon from Seattle. Hope I make it in time, before all
the kau kau is gone.

I'm still trying to decide about bringing my 5-string Mele
along with my Risa Soprano Solid. I like traveling with
the Risa because it's so portable and quiet on the plane.
It also slows people down as they pass by while I'm
busking in Waikiki. It doesn't cause them to reach for
their wallets, but it does get a fair share of "compliments".

Anyway, see you at the BBQ.

And Seeso, have a Gino's pizza, if you're into that kind of
thing.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
seattleukulele.org

If you want Pizza and your on Maui try BJ's on Front St. in Lahaina. The food is great and it over looks the harbor. Great for sunsets too.... Pizza, beer, sunset & music....

Man I'm jealous, wish I could afford to go to Hawai'i.

Take me to please!

Try the Poke sampler and Calamari Katsu at Tiki's in Wiakiki.

Top Bottom