Day before vacation doldrums...

Reaction score
San Jose, California via `Ewa Beach, O`ahu, Hawai`
Tis the last day of work before I take leave for a short vacation to visit my wahine's `ohana in SoCal. Being summer session, my inbox has been pretty clear for the past week or so which (combined with the fact my boss stay on vacation) allowed me time to sit and strum quietly in my little cubicle to pass time as I wait.

This morning, as I talked to one of my student assistants, a coworker of mine, who I usually wala`au (talk story) with about the hanabadda days (we both grew up in Hawai`i), stops by the desk for a bit of a request. Always meaning to start the `ukulele, he asks if he could borrow one.

"Of course, cuz! I get one stay in da back. Get'um now!"

No thought, just aloha.

With two `ukulele already packed up for the trip, I had brought my spare `Ohana Vita to work. Now, it's loaned out and I'm stuck with melodies in my head for the next 6 hours, `a`ole hana, waiting for pau hana. shadow picking/strumming doesn't satisfy the thirst. `Aue!

i should be happy --> spreading `ukulele love, malama my co-worker, force myself to practice on a tenor scale, etc. but braddahs and titahs, boredom + waiting for the clock to hit pau hana time = sucks.

Enjoy your travels!

Well, if you have not work to do and just have to sit there -- consider yourself on vacation already then. Better rest up, becasue the rest of vacation will probably wear you out. Have a great one.:D

You taking your whipping rod with you? :D

my bro in law has been doing well on halis and some sand bass. so i'm pretty stoked. i'm bringing the bodyboard sans wetsuit as well.

i have to spend the day waiting for my wife to get her hair done in torrance, so i might hit up a few Hawai`i kine stores in the area like Island Traditions. not really looking for an `ukulele tho. maybe i'll pick up an ipu.

Brah, enjoy the time off and main ting, relax, play music and have fun. And speaking of ipu's . . . my niece's husband made this one for my last BD.

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom