Apparently My voice is so high that callcenter people call me Ma'am

davoomac

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
WTF! Everytime I call any customer service or call center, I get called "Ma'am" :mad::mad:

I just got off the phone with bank of america and this is what happened:

BOA: thank you for calling bank of america please tell me you name for verification purposes.
David: Yes, My name is David Mac.
BOA: Okay Ma'am let me pull up your account information..
David: Actually it's "Sir"
BOA: Okay Ma'am.

Either that or alot of the ladies who call have low manly voices. I'm going to have to start calling when I have a crazy sort throat or something.

Last edited:
Lol...that sucks!!!! maybe you should start with a:
Hi I'm MR. David Macapinlac!!!
In my case (low voice...well at phone I sound like a 8 year old girl lol) so when someone call to my house (bank, services etc) nobody wants to talk to me because of that...LOL.. and the say: PUT YOUR FATHER ON THE PHONE...and i was like I'M 25 MAN!!

Many years ago when I bought my first house a salesman knocked on my door and when I answered he asked me if my mom was home. I replied "I don't know, would you like me to call her and see if she's there?"

Sounds like we got another potential student for falsetto. Try "Blue Darling" by Kapena. It's definately not a "true falsetto" song, but it has become a crossover song sung in the falsetto style. I believe it is orginally a country tune. Also, I don't know right now if you can find it on youtube, but give it a look. If not, let me know and I can have you hear it somehow. hehe

hey.....i just found it on youtube. No video, but you can hear it. Very popular Karaoke song here in Hawaii.........

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_EYrAnmNMGA

Last edited:
Feel your pain bro, I get called Ma'am alot on the phone too.

I had to start making my voice deeper to finally start getting some "sir"s thrown my way.

Acabo'oe:cool:

Feel your pain bro, I get called Ma'am alot on the phone too.

I had to start making my voice deeper to finally start getting some "sir"s thrown my way.

Acabo'oe:cool:

haha yeah you know i was on the phone with bank of america last night, and they called me ma'am again. I made my voice lower and they were like oh i'm sorry sir. haha wooo!

thats nothing...
its worse whne people call you ma'am just cuz you have long hair..
i.e. i was walking through a grocery store one day at work and a customer comes up to me and says, "excuse me ma'am"
i turned around like WTF!!!
it sucks...

btw... what does this thread have to do with singing?? hhaha

hahahaha dang that does suck... okay, I've never had that one happen.

haha yeah you know i was on the phone with bank of america last night, and they called me ma'am again. I made my voice lower and they were like oh i'm sorry sir. haha wooo!

Maybe you should get one of those Darth Vader voice modulator toys and keep it by the phone.

My step son is mistaken for me on the phone all the time. Poor kid; his voice should be changing in a couple years... or I'll be giving him a Darth Vader voice modulator toy to keep by the phone...

Be happy you're a tenor. The world needs a few good tenors. You tenor guys wanting to be baritones, I don't get it. Tenors are always the good guys, they always get the girl. :D

Be happy you're a tenor. The world needs a few good tenors. You tenor guys wanting to be baritones, I don't get it. Tenors are always the good guys, they always get the girl. :D

haha I certainly hope so! thanks for the encouragement :D:D

Maybe they're saying "Man" instead of "Ma'am".

hahaha! Yeah.. that's highly unlikely. :p Those call center people have a strict protocol for how to interact with customers. Most of the time, they call people sir or ma'am.

Last edited:
Top Bottom