Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Kala KA-ST (spruce top tenor)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Fluke (standard concert)

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters

BBcakes

Reaction score
As some of you already know, my first and only uke is the KPK Soprano. Been trying to supress UAS, but I'm having the hardest time. :rolleyes: So...thinking about my next purchase and interested in my UU fam's opinions. I eventually plan on owning all three, but can't decide which to get first! Anyway, on to business.

Which one should I purchase next??

*Mainland mahogany concert

*Kala KA-ST (Spruce top tenor)

*Fluke (standard concert)

:shaka:

Last edited:
Since you're going to own all three eventually, choose the one that you spend the most time obsessing (i.e. drooling) over. I voted for the tenor because I'm now playing tenors, but plan to get a concert next (totally irrelevant comment). Good luck with your next uke!

always go for the tenor :D

I voted for the Mainland (gratuitous photo op) :D

picture.php

*does best Vanna impression* Ooohhh...Aaahhh!

I voted for the Mainland (gratuitous photo op) :D

picture.php

*does best Vanna impression* Ooohhh...Aaahhh!

Lol! I knew it! Saw your name and knew your vote was for the Mainland! :D Are you still madly in love with it? Or found things that concern you?

Lol! I knew it! Saw your name and knew your vote was for the Mainland! :D Are you still madly in love with it? Or found things that concern you?

Well...we are kind of exclusive now:rolleyes:

I had to think on this one...and I can't really find anything that concerns me. It has good tone, no buzzes or "dead spots", intonation is great up and down the neck, action is comfortable. And its awful purdy.:D

Your first 'ukulele is a nice solid wood soprano KPK. I voted for something different in round 2 the plastic and laminate Fluke which can take abuse, perfect outdoors and hiking partner, and decent sounding with great playability. You'll have one indoor, and one outdoor 'ukulele. ;) You can add other indoor 'ukuleles later.

Last edited:
I voted for the tenor since the spruce top will give off a good sound. Ahnko Honu did bring up a good point with the Fluke. I just sold mine (should've let you known it was on sale before I posted it here), and they sound great. With the right strings, they are nice and loud.

BTW, how's the KPK treating you? We gotta jam sometime.

Your first 'ukulele is a nice solid wood soprano KPK. I voted for something different in round 2 the plastic and laminate Fluke which can take abuse, perfect outdoors and hiking partner, and decent sounding with great playability. You'll have one indoor, and one outdoor 'ukulele. ;) You can add other indoor 'ukuleles later.

Good point! Hmmm, decisions, decisions... but the Mainland looks so lovely! And the tenor size Kala is priced right. Aaarrrgghhh!

BTW, how's the KPK treating you? We gotta jam sometime.

KPK is great! My son says I play "so good". Hahaha At least I've got 1 fan.:p
He has a toy uke and it's a trip, he's right handed, but is a lefty when he jams. As a matter of fact, he plays guitar hero that way, too!

I've been meaning to ask you... have you tried other strings on the KPK? I don't know much about strings, but the D'Addarios feel kinda thick to me. :confused: Maybe it's just me and lack of skill. But I was eventually thinking of trying other kinds.

Mainland.

Why?

I want one. I can't afford one. I have to live vicariously through others :D

some of us are meeting up to jam tonight if you want to come out. i can bring a mainland soprano (sorry, don't have a concert one at the moment) and a fluke if you want to compare the two. you'll likely see some other ukes to compare as well. PM me for info if you want to check it out.

I say Fluke, if only because I'm currently lusting after a Flea. I think about it almost every day. :D Damn that expensive shipping cost!

But I think the Mainlands are gorgeous too! And the Kala Spruce Tops have a really bright sound too.

So, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Top Bottom