Deach it Forward Ukulele Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
JT and I were talking about what we wanted to do for our 2000th post. After some deliberation, we thought it would be the best thing to do would something Deach would do. Instead of an actual contest we are proposing a challenge. The challenge would be to find someone you can "Deach" a ukulele to, post pics or a video of you giving it to them, or them recieving it by mail.

No prizes. The winners are those who are Deached. Think of it as a pay it forward of ukeing. We hope that this starts something. UkuleleHill will be giving out 10 ukuleles to 10 campers in August. This is our first contribution to the cause. We would put a date on this. But we don't think it should ever end! We challenge you to the Deach it Forward Challenge!

Let's rock People!!!! Deach Style!

JT and I were talking about what we wanted to do for our 2000th post. After some deliberation, we thought it would be the best thing to do would something Deach would do. Instead of an actual contest we are proposing a challenge. The challenge would be to find someone you can "Deach" a ukulele to, post pics or a video of you giving it to them, or them recieving it by mail.

No prizes. The winners are those who are Deached. Think of it as a pay it forward of ukeing. We hope that this starts something. UkuleleHill will be giving out 10 ukuleles to 10 campers in August. This is our first contribution to the cause. We would put a date on this. But we don't think it should ever end! We challenge you to the Deach it Forward Challenge!

Let's rock People!!!! Deach Style!

while i commend your spirit of giving, and not to be a spoilsport, but "deaching" people doesn't normally include telling people about it and taking photos and video of the act. again, this is a great idea on your part but you're throwing his name around in a way that i'm not sure he would appreciate.

maybe check with him first?

yea i agree with russ.. the art of deaching is supposed to be a suprise ? i think .. lol i know my deached uke was :D thanks again deach ! how many times can i say DEACH in one post ? anyway.. i do like the idea though... help spread uke around !

while i commend your spirit of giving, and not to be a spoilsport, but "deaching" people doesn't normally include telling people about it and taking photos and video of the act. again, this is a great idea on your part but you're throwing his name around in a way that i'm not sure he would appreciate.

maybe check with him first?

I understand what you are saying Russ. The idea of this thread was not to make it a hey look what I did kind of thing. It was just to get the idea out there more. Hmmm I will think on this...

The idea was to spread the love of the ukulele. The posting pictures was just something to carry the thread on so that it gets the word out more. Does that make sense? Otherwise the thread would die.

Last edited:
it would be better to let those that are deached/ winners testify here on
your contest... :)

I understand what you are saying Russ. The idea of this thread was not to make it a hey look what I did kind of thing. It was just to get the idea out there more. Hmmm I will think on this...

The idea was to spread the love of the ukulele. The posting pictures was just something to carry the thread on so that it gets the word out more. Does that make sense? Otherwise the thread would die.

Andy, the idea is a nice thought. it's just endorsing it with deach's name that may be of concern, since whether you intend it or not, it is a "look what i did" kind of thing. i could be wrong here. we'll just have to wait for him to chime in. i know he's out and about right now.

it would be better to let those that are deached/ winners testify here on
your contest... :)

this might be the better idea!

I'm a little confused.

So, the people who give out the uke remain anonymous and the person who received it says they got a uke from someone on here? Otherwise, I could see some not so good things happening if someone who got a uke said: "hey so and so got a uke for me." I don't know, I feel kinda weird saying this but if it is the latter, it may cause feelings of resentment and people wondering why they weren't chosen to get a uke... you know?

I thought that was the idea.... unless you are giving the uke to someone who is not on this board.. like school kids etc...

poorly worded I guess..

Yeah that's the case... I wasn't understanding what everyone meant... Yes its the person who receives it. Not the person that gives it, unless like what JT said its someone not on the board, and they want to post about it through the givers page. (does that make sense?)

f** off!!!

It's bad enough that my f***ng name is a f***ng verb now, but if you're f***ng going to use my f***ng name, f***ng do it right!!! Have you ever f***ng seen me f***ng giving away a f***ng uke? f** NO!!!! (There is a video of me giving Russ a GIFT. Russ is a friend that I have met in real life several times.) There are several videos people have made of when they receive a uke from me. With the exception of the Adelle Fluke, I have never asked anyone to make a video of them opening anything I've sent them. In f***ng fact, I f***ng ask them NOT to make a f***ng video because I HATE leachy fuckers asking for handouts every time a video is made. Me giving away ukes is not about getting recognized or patting myself on the f***ng back. What you are doing is the EXACT f***ng OPPOSITE thing I am about. You are f***ng making people who can't afford to give away ukes feel bad and you are f***ng making giving away ukes a "look-at-me" bullshit activity.

QUIT USING MY NAME INAPPROPRIATELY OR GO f** YOURSELF AND MAKE A VIDEO OF IT!

oh, and mods, if you delete my post, i'll repost it and keep reposting it until you ban me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom