Best way?

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
does anybody have a good way to save money for an ukulele.

i just recently found out that my c.v joint is ruined. costing me around $550. Then, last night, i hit somebody. Costing me around $500 to fix my car. Then my clutch is gone, costing me $600-$700 - so they say.

kinda makes me annoyed that i could spend all this money on ukuleles, but i guess, its a part of life.

so, best way to save? :S

You have to have a plan and you have to sick to it. Whether it's $5 or$10 a week, don't let anything get in you way of making that payment. On weeks you can do more than make this the priority. Before you know it you will have enough for a new uke and for transportation emergencies as well. :D

You have to have a plan and you have to sick to it. Whether it's $5 or$10 a week, don't let anything get in you way of making that payment. On weeks you can do more than make this the priority. Before you know it you will have enough for a new uke and for transportation emergencies as well. :D

yeah true... but when i have money, something happens!! guess i could try for $50 a week :S

What kinda uke are you looking to buy?

Never spend your change and every night, drop it into something you have to break to get it out of. You'll be amazed how quickly just doing that (and not being able to rob it for the occasional car wash or pop) will get you 50-100 bucks. That alone will at least buy some upgrades on whatever uke you decide on.

I set up a little bank account ( kinda like a Christmas fund)...and have a little come directly out of my paycheck $50 every two weeks, and you know what...I don't even miss it and boy, it keeps my UAS fed!:cool:Makes Deaching easier, too!

Last edited:
I go through my extensive book and DVD collection and put unwanted ones on amazon.com. That usually accumulates enough money for me to put towards my next uke. :)

Don't get me started on what it takes to be "frugal" in today's economy. :D

I guess the first thing on the list would be to stop eating out, even fast food. Pack your own lunch to take to work (even if it's just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and an apple), don't buy fancy Starbucks coffees (take a thermos instead), etc.

Don't go to the movies. You can rent DVDs much cheaper, or better yet, borrow from your local library or just watch what's on tv.

Shop around. Our local Target carries toiletries and a lot of other stuff much cheaper than the supermarket. Stock up on stuff you need (especially non-perishables) when it's on sale. Buy larger sizes where warranted, like kitty litter or TP.

Also, look at the bigger picture. I recently decided it wasn't worth carrying full coverage on my 10-year-old car that was paid off, so I dropped comp and collision and saved nearly half on the premium.

Top Bottom