Mainland Mahogany Pineapple Arrived Today

Raygf

Reaction score
Ukulele Wednesday folks. The pineapple patch has a new member and I'm psyched about the new uke. Ain't she pretty! Mike, no picture I've seen has done the rope binding justice. It must be seen in person. Very cool!

Mahalo hoosierhiver!:shaka:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPiMUUFgTIU

Regards,
Ray

picture.php

Last edited:
Sweet pineapple! Love to see folks so excited about their new ukes. Hope you enjoy it :D

P.S. Based on the pictures, thought it was matte, but saw the beautiful gloss finish in your vid ;)

Last edited:
I heard that the pineapple shape resonated better than the figure eight but that was impressive. Nice volume and a great tone. Congrats and happy strumming!

Sweet pineapple! Love to see folks so excited about their new ukes. Hope you enjoy it :D

P.S. Based on the pictures, thought it was matte, but saw the beautiful gloss finish in your vid ;)

Sweet indeed. Thanks. There is something just so inherently exciting and enjoyable about a uke, new or otherwise. I intentionally took those shots to show the grain and not the gloss. I am partial to gloss finishes. Ooooo shiny stuff!!!:D
Regards,
Ray

...Mike, no picture I've seen has done the rope binding justice. It must be seen in person. Very cool!

You ain't kiddin'. That rope purfling is way better looking in person.

Beautiful uke...enjoy it.:D

What's not to like about a Mainland Pineapple? Now you can join da Patch.
I just gave my old laminate Mahalo pineapple new life by stringing her with Aquilas, now she sings like never before. :D

What's not to like about a Mainland Pineapple? Now you can join da Patch.
I just gave my old laminate Mahalo pineapple new life by stringing her with Aquilas, now she sings like never before. :D

Already in the patch and added pictures. :D

Regards,
Ray

This is the next uke on my list....unless you want to just give me yours....let me know, I'll send you my address. ;)

This is the next uke on my list....unless you want to just give me yours....let me know, I'll send you my address. ;)

Uhh . . . . I don't think so. Nice try! Get your own. I'm keeping this one. ;)

Regards,
Ray

Check this out. I'm sitting on the sofa and look over at "Red" and had to take some new pictures. It looks like a totally different uke. These shots look so much more like the real thing. Weird!
Regards,
Ray

picture.php

Last edited:
I'm slightly jealous. Those mainlands are exceptional for the price.

Without a doubt. I am so glad I chose it over several others. Now those KoAloha pineapples are whispering my name. If I can find buyers for a brand new Alvarez RD210C guitar I won at a guitar clinic a few weeks ago and my Kala archtop tenor, I'll be calling the shop and ordering one. Then I'll stop for a while. . . . maybe.
Regards,
Ray

Then I'll stop for a while. . . . maybe.

Ray let us be honest. There is no maybe. I thought that there was...I will admit I was so bummed that there was not a pineapple sunday finished at the factory when I went. I just showed my wife a picture on the website and she said "the picture doesn't do it justice." I want a pineapple uke.

Top Bottom