how late is too late for a Ukulele arrival?

petah

Reaction score
Sent it out Tuesday Via Expresspost, The lady told me 5 day guaranteed. It's now Going on Thursday.

5=day guarantee means it could be Friday or Saturday. Keep pacing. Just stay off the carpet or you'll wear it out.

But dont even attempt to take a shower, or even go to the bathroom....you may miss the knock on the door. :eek:

Sent it out Tuesday Via Expresspost, The lady told me 5 day guaranteed. It's now Going on Thursday.

If I am counting right...Wed (1 day) Thur (2 days)......

You still have 3 days to go. Relax. There is no need to get your blood pressure up, trust me I have been in your shoes.

lol it seems like you have the worst luck with ukes man.

No worries, that just means your due for a good luck day sometime down the road.

Well, not all bad... My father and Gf love their ukes which I bought for them... Not really mine but I did all the work in acquiring them.

Last edited:
Bummers dude. Yesterday would have been five days. contact the shipper and maybe you can get a refund on the shipping unless it was 5 to 10 days.

Remember that most places will say "business days".... they don't count weekends. Which is a bummer.

Not meaning to frighten you too much, this story does have a happy ending...I purchased a 1940's Martin style 0 uke on ebay a few months ago. It was located in Canada, about 120km from where i live in Toronto. It was sent Canada Post and should have arrived in 3 or 4 days maximum. Well... it was lost in the bowels of Canada Post for 6 weeks! Lot's of phone calls and emails and tracking numbers led nowhere, until finally it showed up in undeliverable mail. this is where they can finally open the package to see what's inside.

They opened the box, then the second box, then dug through the packing material. Oh it's a ukulele. Then they placed it on top of all of the packing material, ignoring the second box. Nothing between the uke and the cardboard flap. Then they looked at the return address, prominently displayed on the box and sent it back to the original owner.

As I mentioned, this story has a happy ending.
The uke showed up unharmed at the senders address and he drove it to me in Toronto the next day. So hang in there, it will show up.

Well, I did ship it with 5day guaranteed. Should have arrived in Hawaii a week ago.
(if you were following it was my uke that I sent back to Paul to get tuned up.)
Crappy experience. I think I'm off ukes for a while now, this experience killed my UAS.

All the paper work and more waiting is in store for me.

Well, I did ship it with 5day guaranteed. Should have arrived in Hawaii a week ago.
(if you were following it was my uke that I sent back to Paul to get tuned up.)
Crappy experience. I think I'm off ukes for a while now, this experience killed my UAS.

All the paper work and more waiting is in store for me.

Just remember that most of this is out of his and your control at this point. You are running into our wonder postal delivery and custom services between our two countries. While USPS is fine with the states they still have to get it and it still has to clear customs...

No telling how many fruits and vegetables you might have stuffed into the sound hole...:shaka:

up to the postal god's :D

Hope they don't find the durian I stuffed in the case.

Hope this will cheer you up a little bit:

I sent Seeso a package about 3 1/2 weeks ago. After 10 days the package ended up in my mailbox. Address unknown. I PM'd Seeso to make sure I had the address correct. Yep, he said (well, I'm paraphrasing). So 2 days later I went back to the USPS and had them resend it -- thankfully for free. It ends up in my mailbox again about 8 days later. PM'd Seeso again to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. This time the package was returned due to No known person at that address. Here's the deal, Seeso's name apparently isn't on the mailbox. Here in Burnsville they just deliver to the address. They don't check for names. Besides, I can't believe that Seeso NEVER gets any other mail. Surely the mailman knows Seeso's info. I'll bet the gas bill gets there.

My point being: blame it all on the Post Office.

As another swipe (mailman, no offense meant) why should I have to purchase insurance to ensure they do their job, which is to deliver the mail? I don't understand.

Don't be down on ukuleles. KoAloha is going beyond the call of duty to make you happy.

As another swipe (mailman, no offense meant) why should I have to purchase insurance to ensure they do their job, which is to deliver the mail? I don't understand.

Like the airlines, the post offices insurance carrier has a default it applies to the value of all packages, whether based on size, weight or just flat rate. If you are sending something that has more value then that you will want to insure it. It's not just about the delivery but also that the package will arrive without damage. If the item is not packed correctly or Jim Carey does the delivery like the beginning of Ace Ventura.

Unfortunaetely the airlines are the same way with your luggage. I think a lost bag in thier eyes is worth $75, unless you insure it for more..:cool::rolleyes:

I'm just bummed over the situation. I never make "big" purchases for myself. I do make big purchases for business and for friends and family. It just strikes me that when I do my research and plan on getting something for myself I get burned.

I'm just stressing about damage now. If it gets a Jim Carey treatment, or bakes out in the sun... I never put a humidifier in the case. I packed it well but Not well enough for a 2 week adventure. The boys at Koaloha have been more than helpful and I feel that they really care about it. Paul is giving me daily updates after the mail arrives :D might even text me when it arrives.

Sorry for the Jim Carey visual.... Did you know he was from Canada???

I would not worry about the humidity part this time of year. My money is that it's stuck in Customs someplace... Stuck but safe!

Top Bottom